NEXT STEP

Getting interrupted with Google Assistant / Home

Getting interrupted with Google Assistant / Home

Plan

Family Premium

Device

Multiple speakers with google assistant on board 

My Question or Issue

I listen to music on my speakers (chromecast enabled) and I hear my wife asking google to play something else in a living room. My stream drops immediately and google's telling me I can't listen to 2 devices at the same time.

She's part of the family in Spotify. She's part of Google Home family.

So how is this supposed to work? I found in another thread that "it's good to double-check that they are linked with the correct Spotify account".

Can you be precise what's the setup required for Google? Vice recognition required? Same emails used? I'm not sure if you can't have multiple emails linked as Spotify service in one Google Home. Currently my"manager" account's there.

5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out about this. We'll be happy to shine some more light on this.

If only your account is linked to the Google speakers you can take a look at this page to see how you can set up Google Voice Match for more than one person to avoid the interruption. 

With that option you should be able to connect your wife's Spotify account to the speakers as well and when she gives a voice command the music should stream from her own account without affecting yours.

You can also find more info on the process here under ''Can I listen to multiple Spotify accounts on my Google Home?''

Let us know if that helps. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey. The link you provided is 404...

Hmm, that's odd @user-removed, both links open for me.

Can you let me know if both don't work on your end and if you get the same error message on a different browser/device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator

Hey.

The 2nd links works indeed. The 1st one is dead. Not translated maybe as it opens in Polish for me?

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.57.03.png

Alrighty, you're right @user-removed - there seems to be an issue with the Polish version of the page. No worries, this is now reported to the right team and hopefully it'll work soon.

In the meantime, you can take a look here to see the page in English. This should help you link your wife's Spotify account to the Google Assistant.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts