Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

HP Notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My playlist has several more songs in it than it does state on the Desktop version. I found out about the problem when I added the song with this uri in the playlist: spotify:track:3OjX9fHFTAmLyaNBAR3Quw. This song doesn't appear in the playlist, but on the Web Player it adds 1 song to the total songs numbering. Also on the Web Player, the song can't be found. When I add this song a second time, it prompts me to decide wether to skip duplicates or to add all. So apparently, this song is already in my playlist. Btw, this isn't an issue with the option ""show unavailable songs", because I tried to turn it off and on multiple times, restarted Spotfiy, and also, Spotify Web Player isn't showing the song. Ctrl + A and then delete, does delete all song but, except these "ghosts songs".

The specific playlist is this one: spotify:user:teunnis:playlist:15LrW0vxL2WOeeUhiOhUUR

It has 63 songs in it, but Spotify Web Player says 71, although only showing the 63 songs. And one of the eight "ghost songs" is spotify:track:3OjX9fHFTAmLyaNBAR3Quw, because when I add it, Spotify prompts me to decide wether to skip duplicates or add all.

Is there anyway I can completely clean up my playlist, without deleting the playlist (I have several subscribers and don't want to lose them)?

18 Replies

I have this exact same problem! It says I have 3 more songs than I actually do! Did you find a solution for this particular problem?

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@dakyeong, would you mind letting us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of the app or the OS of your device? Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices would come in handy.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I only see this happening on my desktop version. I can't see the number of songs I have in a playlist on my phone. I have my 2016 Macbook Pro on the latest iOS and spotify running on the latest version. I always update everything so I don't it's a software issue.

Hey @dakyeong

Thanks for your reply. 

If you haven't already, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your computer. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over some screenshots where we can take a better look at what's happening? You can attach them using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just checked on the online webplayer and it seems to do the same thing of adding 3 extra songs. It's not just my mac version that is doing this. I think it's just the playlist having glitches. I'll post the pictures from the online webplayer to show what I'm talking about.

Here is my playlist. It has 3 extra songs. At the bottom it clearly says 127 songs, but at the top it states I have 130. I even tried removing all the songs and adding it back to see if it'll fix it, but it didn't do anything.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.55.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.55.04 PM.png

this is happening on the webplayer (as shown in the screenshots) and my desktop spotify. I think it has to do something with the playlist having old songs that got deleted or perhaps it's just glitching.

Hi @dakyeong

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Would you mind sending over the link or URI to your playlist so we can take a look from our end?

Also, have you noticed this behavior in any other playlist?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5V3KOdaHgYSccEY6HjpfPU?si=eaabcc27f75645f1
here is the link! i have checked my other playlists for this behavior and this was the only one with the problem. thank you so much!

Hey there @dakyeong

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Could you let us know if you're using a VPN? If so, we suggest that you turn it off to see if that makes any difference. 

Also, we suggest that you try clearing your host files. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don't use VPN on my Mac or my phone.
I tried clearing the host files and there was nothing under my host file with spotify in it.

Hi @dakyeo,

Thanks for the reply. 

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here so they can take a deeper look at your account to find what might be causing this wrong number to appear in this specific playlist. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

I have the same problem, my playlist says that there are 77 songs instead of 72. I've tried all the possible solutions in this thread but no success, any ideas?

Hi @aussieStefano,

Welcome and thank you for posting on the Community.

In order to investigate further, could you share with us the URL of this playlist you're having issues with? 

Also, a few screenshots may come in handy. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The URL is https://open.spotify.com/playlist/24R62tCIPswiaX1S58TscX?si=90fa74c2e7164be9 amd now it says that there are 80 songs instead of 75

Hi @aussieStefano,

Thank you for your reply.

We've checked this playlist and this may be a case in which there were some podcasts episodes that are no longer available, but still show on the total of tracks inside the playlist. 

Could you try to create a new playlist and move all episodes to that one? Does it make a difference?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

I created a new playlist and it has the right number of podcasts, just a last curiosity: is it possible to know what the missing tracks were?

Hi @aussieStefano,

Thank you for your reply.

We're glad to know that the new playlist is displaying the correct numbers. 

About your question, from the Community we don't have access to user's accounts, so in this case, we suggest you contact the folks from Customer Support who can take a deeper look into your account. Here is the link.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you!

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts