Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift voucher not accepted in Germany

Solved!

Gift voucher not accepted in Germany

Hi there,
I've sent my friend a gift voucher for a 3 months subscription and she's tried to activate it and an error message occurred stating "the prepaid code is not valid in your country"?

I'm based based in Australia.

Please help! How can I have this fixed??

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have tried to change the country in my account, but it won't let me change from Australia to anything else. There is a message at the top of the page that is coming up stating "you can change the info on your Facebook profile" and if I click on it it redirects me to my FB-account general settings. However there is no country there to choose from. I have already removed the current city from my profile, but I can see the computer picks up where I am currently logged in - and this is Sydney, Australia. 

This all seems to complicated giving the fact I only wanted to give my friend a gift?! Surely there is easier ways to provide gift vouchers to overseas accounts regardless of how they were paid and where?

As i have logged into Spotify with my FB account initially I cannot change it anymore and log in with other credentials which may have been easier and possibly allowed me changing countries quicker. 

Please if you can let me know if there is a solution without having to completely change FB settings etc?

If not I will stop trying, but I am genuinely disappointed that it proves to be quite hard to give a gift.....

Thank you again for all your advice and help

Kind Regards

Claudia 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello @ClaudiaK191, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Where did you buy the voucher, in Germany or another country?

Hi there, I'm based in Australia and used my Australian credit card to pay for the gift card. I checked if there is a German Spotify service and there was, so I assumed this would be not a problem.

Do you any other information?

Thank you for your help
Claudia

Unfortunately, gift cards can only be used in the country where they were bought.

Thank you for this. I didn't see any terms stating that a voucher cannot be purchased for a Spotify user in a different country?
So is there any way I can send a gift voucher to my German friend then?
Thank you!

Hey @ClaudiaK191!

Unfortunately, unless you have a German credit card you won't be able to buy him a card.

Hi there,

I do have a German credit card also. I am happy to use this one to pay for it. I had used my PayPal accoutn before, however, that is linked to my Australian card. If I put my German card details in then it would work and a code would be get generated and sent to my friend that she can use in Germany?

I can see that the amount is still showing as $ (Dollar) on the German site, so this will adjust/converted, correct?

Thank you for your help

I really would like to make this work and send the gift/

Please let me know

Thank you

Yes, you can, just be sure to change your country to Germany before purchasing the card.

d426ff7b1254b5bd2b0449eb4f4ea67657d0a8877a4635de369d9c5ed90b134b

Thank you, so I can change my country to Germany, then buy the voucher for my friend & then change the country back to Australia to use the voucher I originally purchased for my own use?
Thank you!

Yep, that's what you need to do 😉

Marked as solution

I have tried to change the country in my account, but it won't let me change from Australia to anything else. There is a message at the top of the page that is coming up stating "you can change the info on your Facebook profile" and if I click on it it redirects me to my FB-account general settings. However there is no country there to choose from. I have already removed the current city from my profile, but I can see the computer picks up where I am currently logged in - and this is Sydney, Australia. 

This all seems to complicated giving the fact I only wanted to give my friend a gift?! Surely there is easier ways to provide gift vouchers to overseas accounts regardless of how they were paid and where?

As i have logged into Spotify with my FB account initially I cannot change it anymore and log in with other credentials which may have been easier and possibly allowed me changing countries quicker. 

Please if you can let me know if there is a solution without having to completely change FB settings etc?

If not I will stop trying, but I am genuinely disappointed that it proves to be quite hard to give a gift.....

Thank you again for all your advice and help

Kind Regards

Claudia 
Marked as solution

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Suggested posts