Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Google Assistant][Connect] Get rid of "Sorry, the music stopped..." audio alert

Solved!

[Google Assistant][Connect] Get rid of "Sorry, the music stopped..." audio alert

This is something that only seems to happy with Spotify Connect on Google Assistant devices. Whenever I'm playing Spotify through my Google Nest Audio and then switch to use Spotify on another device, I hear the message, "Sorry, the music stopped since your Spotify account is being used on another device." through the Nest. This also happens a few minutes after the music stops, even if I don't actively play Spotify elsewhere. This alert isn't helpful at all and is extremely annoying (after only a day or two it's driving me crazy). The only situation where this alert would even possibly be useful is if my music stopped playing for this reason and I didn't realize it. But if that happened, I would just check my Spotify mobile app and immediately see where it's playing elsewhere - which I would do anyway even if I did hear this message. (I also feel like I can confidently assert that this is not a Google-owned message because the voice is different from my Google Assistant settings.) 

Please, just get rid of this audio message. There is almost no situation where it has any added benefit and it has a significant negative impact on usability.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheRealBenDiamond,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here. 

From what we've been able to research, it looks like this is something that happens with other apps as well. That's how the Nest and related family of Google speakers are set up.

Regarding the different voice you mentioned, there's a default voice that gets triggered for system announcements and other events, that is not the customized voice you might've chosen to be used when you actively address the speaker. However, this isn't something that we can control. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheRealBenDiamond,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here. 

From what we've been able to research, it looks like this is something that happens with other apps as well. That's how the Nest and related family of Google speakers are set up.

Regarding the different voice you mentioned, there's a default voice that gets triggered for system announcements and other events, that is not the customized voice you might've chosen to be used when you actively address the speaker. However, this isn't something that we can control. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts