Free/Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Google Home Mini, Google Assistant for iOS

Operating System

Google Assistant

My Question or Issue

The error is simple when I ask Google Assistant to play Guns For Hands by Twenty One Pilots it says "Playing Guns For Hands by Twenty One Pilots on Spotify" but it actually starts playing We don't believe what's on TV by Twenty One Pilots. 

When I tryied asking for the song that it plays that is We don't believe what's on TV. The Google Assistant says "Playing Guns For Hands by Twenty One Pilots on Spotify" and starts playing  We don't believe what's on TV. 

It seems that this musics search are kind of wrong.

Steps to Reproduce:

Ask the Google Assitant to play "Gun For Hands by Twenty One Pilots" or to play "We don't believe what's on TV."  

If you want I can record the issue for you. I've tried in the Google Home mini and in the Google Assistant app to iOS, both of them give the same issue.

Thank you

Gustavo Kath

2 Replies

Same issue.

I say "Hey, Google! Play Weather by Ginger Root." 

She says "Ok. Playing Ginger Root on Spotify."

Then it plays Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood.

I get the same error more or less anytime I try to request a specific song that has a word in common with another more popular song.

I am paying for Spotify family premium, and it is obvious Spotify is in the toilet in terms of actually caring about this issue and similar issues.   The only thing we can do is STOP PAYING FOR SPOTIFY.  There are so many other options.  I am going to cancel my premium family membership now because this is the last straw - they just don't care about their customers.

Suggested posts