Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Clock not showing Recent Playlists (or any of my playlists if I search them)

Google Clock not showing Recent Playlists (or any of my playlists if I search them)

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

As stated, I can't access any recent playlists in the Google clock app, even if I'm currently playing them on my phone in the background. It simply doesn't show up; only the default playlists do. None of my playlists show up when I search for them, either. I've tried relogging, resetting permissions and cache, and restarting my phone.

P.S. Please fix how you deal with "post flooding." I tried posting, but somehow the captcha failed; and then once I fixed that my post was rejected because it didn't have a tag, which locked me out of posting for 5 minutes. Then, the captcha failed again, locking me out of posting for another 5 minutes.

3 Replies

Hi there @shinobisensei,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know what happens when you click on the Search icon and type in an artist for example?

Uploading a screen recording with your next post would also be helpful, so that we can see what it looks like on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, here are screenshots of the app (can't record the screen). As you can see, the default screen does not show any of my recent playlists, but I can search for artists and select individual songs for my alarm. 

Screenshot_20210104-110340_Clock.jpg
Screenshot_20210104-110011_Clock.jpg

Hi @shinobisensei

Thanks for sending us this information. 

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps to see if that helps.

Additionally, we recommend reinstalling the Google Clock app too before trying it again. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know when the issue started happening?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts