Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gramofon - Wifi signal

Solved!

Gramofon - Wifi signal

Hi! I ordered the Gramofon a few weeks ago and I use it for three weeks now. Great device, so simpel to listen to music on my stereo set now.

I have just one problem with my Gramofon. It should also function as a wifi extender. Indeed it extends my network, but also makes it teribbly slow. I can't watch a Youtube video in HD on my phone of tablet anymore and visiting websites takes a lot more time. When I remove the power plug from the Gramofon, the internet speed instantly gets better. Really anoying, because I love this small box. 

I E-mailed Gramofon about this issue, but I haven't recieved a reaction. Does anybody here gets the same problem? Or does anybody know a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Gramofon support usually replies within 24 hours.

https://support.gramofon.com

They would be able to answer this better than Spotify can

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Gramofon support usually replies within 24 hours.

https://support.gramofon.com

They would be able to answer this better than Spotify can

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem here. Did you find an solution?

Unfortunately not, ik has got since the last firmware update. But is stil isn't  working like it should be...

Hi, i got the similar problem. Extending the network caused slowdown / timeouts. I simply changed the gramofon connection to cable, changed the gramofon wifi name to a different one. Not the solution you probably wanted to read, but works 😉

Hey,

I'm having similar issues. I had a question about the cable solution. If you do this, don't you have to connect to the gramofon wifi evrytime you want it to play? I think I read that your iPhone and the Gramofon need to be on the same wifi in order to be able to control it...

Nvm. I've contacted Gramofon support and it seems the cable solution is the best one. You don't need to be on the same wifi for it to work, just on the same ip range.

Gramofon support:

"Feel free to connect your Gramofon via LAN.
The controlling devices "just" need to be in the same IP-range, which will be usually granted automatically
while connected via LAN port to your router.
The controlling devices should pick up the connection automatically."

I love this little box and their support is great to!

Suggested posts