Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Grayed out songs.

Solved!

Grayed out songs.

I am trying to listen to a song on my desktop. I have a premium subscription. The song that I am trying to listen to is "call me out Punctual remix by Sarah Close". I can listen to this song using my phone without a problem. Also the web player is able to play the song without a problem! but when I am trying to listen to is on my desptop it is grayed out (and when I am controlling my desktop with spotify connect with my phone, it stops playing and says it's unable to play that song). I am very confused why that is. I can listen to it perfectly on my other devices and even on my destop on the webplayer so I assume their is no region block (I also know from the artist that the song is released to the whole world now (twitter))> I hope someone is able to help me with my problem. Thank you very much in advance!

BTW, I live in Belgium. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's weird. it plays fine for me.

Is it only this song that you have trouble playing? All the other songs you are trying to play work?

My suggestion is if you want to play that song, you can play it on your other devices in the meantime. I think it's just a temporary problem and it should work again if you try again later today or tomorrow.

Then if you are still having trouble you can post back and this can be looked into further. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Gigi3690

Can you try logging out of the desktop app, and then log back in?

Does that help? 

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda

Just tried that! Didn't work, sadly enough...

Thank you though!

2017-04-30.png

Can you go the the Sarah Close artist page?

What shows up there. Does the same song show up like it shows up for me?

Monosnap 2017-04-30 05-51-21.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

It does, if I try to play it this pops up:

2017-04-30 (1).png
Marked as solution

That's weird. it plays fine for me.

Is it only this song that you have trouble playing? All the other songs you are trying to play work?

My suggestion is if you want to play that song, you can play it on your other devices in the meantime. I think it's just a temporary problem and it should work again if you try again later today or tomorrow.

Then if you are still having trouble you can post back and this can be looked into further. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah it's the only song I have issues with... and I'll do that! Thank you again! 

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts