Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW TO SELECT MULTIPLE SONGS AND ADD TO PLAYLIST

Solved!

HOW TO SELECT MULTIPLE SONGS AND ADD TO PLAYLIST

So Ive been reading posts with the same problem as mine. I tried the solutions given to them such as control button, control button and a, shift, drag, etc. using my laptop but it doenst work for me. please help. its really time consuming adding one music only....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The following works for me:

• Ctrl-left mouse click to add a song to the selection, or to set the starting point for the following two methods:
  • Hold Shift and use down/up arrow to select a (large) chunk of songs
  • Hold Shift and left mouse click (possibly after scrolling some pages).

There is a limit of the amont of songs that can be moved (dragged) to another playlist, I think it was 499 (which I found out the hard way). Trying to move more songs will simply not be performed, without any notice. This appears to be a bug in Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

The following works for me:

• Ctrl-left mouse click to add a song to the selection, or to set the starting point for the following two methods:
  • Hold Shift and use down/up arrow to select a (large) chunk of songs
  • Hold Shift and left mouse click (possibly after scrolling some pages).

There is a limit of the amont of songs that can be moved (dragged) to another playlist, I think it was 499 (which I found out the hard way). Trying to move more songs will simply not be performed, without any notice. This appears to be a bug in Spotify.

i swear remembering just highliting the songs with my mouse and then clicking the highlighted songs and dragging them into my playlist. now i have to control click every song which is irritating. i think they removed this feature sometime in 2016 for some reason

For some reason none of these work at all on webplayer for me. Are you using webplayer or the desktop app?

Hi! I tried today in webplayer (Firefox on Windows 10 machine) and couldn't do it using Shift + click, CTRL+click, or Shift/CTRL+arrow keys.

Is it a browser issue?

Also, is there a way to select multiple songs on mobile app?

Suggested posts