Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC 8X rebooting at random with version 3.0.1

HTC 8X rebooting at random with version 3.0.1

Since I updated to the last version, my Windows Phone reboots a few times a day at random. I removed Spotify and then it stopped for a week. Yesterday I reinstalled Spotify and the problems occured again. 

I wished I could give some more technical details about what's going on, but I see you dont have an event viewer like on Windows, and I didnt find any logs.

Meanwhile, is there a way to install the previous version? I removed Spotify again. I dont want a phone that reboots multiple times per day

1 Reply

@Donneyg wrote:

Since I updated to the last version, my Windows Phone reboots a few times a day at random. I removed Spotify and then it stopped for a week. Yesterday I reinstalled Spotify and the problems occured again. 

I wished I could give some more technical details about what's going on, but I see you dont have an event viewer like on Windows, and I didnt find any logs.

Meanwhile, is there a way to install the previous version? I removed Spotify again. I dont want a phone that reboots multiple times per day

You could try installing field medic.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/field-medic/73c58570-d5a7-46f8-b1b2-2a90024fc29c

which is kind of Windows Phone's version of the event viewer.

It's not terribly easy to interpret the report but there may be something glaringly obvious about the reboots.

Suggested posts