Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked account?

Hacked account?

I have a premium account. Recently songs I know I've never listened to has appeared in my "heavy rotation" section. Tonight, while listening to podcast while going to sleep, my Android app stopped the podcast and started to play music from random "new music" lists. I have not given my Spotify password to anyone, and have change the password now. Anything else i can do to prevent this?

3 Replies

Hey @MTJ88,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

It does sound like someone might have gained access to your account. I would recommend checking out the "Someone has taken over my account" support article for some more help with this.

Spotify always applies rigorous security practices to protect your information, but you can check out the "How to protect your Spotify account" support article for extra measures you can take.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue here. Today I noticed a new playlist was created by someone 3 days ago to songs I would never listen to. 

spotoify-issue.jpg

Hey @JustCasey76,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, It sounds like someone might have gained access to your account as well. I would recommend checking out the "Someone has taken over my account" support article for some more help with this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts