Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Half-White Screen (Web Player)

Solved!

Half-White Screen (Web Player)

I'm on a Chromebook and using the free version. Whenever I use Spotify, either the app or the web player, it only shows the first few songs in my playlists, and then everything below is white. When listening to a song in the white, the green shows, but other than that, it's complete guess work as to what I choose to listen to. Is there any way for me to fix this?

Attached is a screenshot of the web player and the issue at hand.Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 7.53.36 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @knowyourparadox

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device as this will get you the latest app version. Check out the steps here on how to do this. 

Make sure you also try opening the web player in a private/incognito window to avoid any cache issues. 

If that doesn't help, try logging in to your Spotify account on a different device to check if you observe the same. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @knowyourparadox

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device as this will get you the latest app version. Check out the steps here on how to do this. 

Make sure you also try opening the web player in a private/incognito window to avoid any cache issues. 

If that doesn't help, try logging in to your Spotify account on a different device to check if you observe the same. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Hi @Ivan, thank you so much for your help! It seems to work a lot better in incognito!

Hey @knowyourparadox

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We’re happy to hear the incognito window fixed it for you. Hope this can solve the issue for other users as well. 

Еnjoy your music further!  

I think I may have found a potential solution. I use an extension to darken pages (so that I'm not blinded). I found that this was on, and when turning it off, it would remove the white background. I suggest disabling any extension, app, or whatever program that might mess around with website colors. Hope it helps.

Had a couple flash player extensions for google chrome, after uninstalling them the half white screen disappeared. 

Suggested posts