Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hard reboot necessary to get Spotify Connect working, Pioneer speaker

Hard reboot necessary to get Spotify Connect working, Pioneer speaker

I unboxed the speaker and immediately did the firmware update. I was able to use Airplay to stream to the speaker without issue, but initially did not see the Connect icon when I was using the Spotify app. I tried doing a clean install of the Spotify app (delete app, reinstall app), and power-cycling the speaker (soft restart). No luck.

After a hard power cycle on the speaker (unplug, wait, plugin, and power on), and doing a delete/reboot phone/reinstall of the Spotify app on my phone, the Connect icon appeared for the first time.

So problem solved - just took a hard reboot of both the speaker and my phone, it seems.

Pioneer XW-SMA4-K, latest firmware (s1080.1000.0)

Spotify Premium account, Spotify app v0.9.2.7

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1beta4 (build 11D5134c)

6 Replies

Hi @benbrookshire 🙂

Does it always require a hard reboot? Just wondering 🙂

Liam

Just that first time - now that I have the Spotify Connect icon in the Spotify app, it seems to be always available. I unplugged and powered off the speaker multiple times since Connect became available, and its seems to consistently work now.

Maybe something had to register in my Spotify account to "enable" Connect for the device?

I probably should have mentioned the speaker is connected via WiFi, but signal and connectivity there seems fine. Airplay to the speaker is solid.

I had to upgrade my pioneer firmware which required a reboot afterwards anyway. Didn't have any issues getting connect to work.

@jwylot wrote:

I had to upgrade my pioneer firmware which required a reboot afterwards anyway. Didn't have any issues getting connect to work.

Right - that's what was weird in my case. I had to unplug the speaker after the firmware upgrade, so I guess it was technically 2 hard reboots of the speaker before Connect showed up. Maybe the real problem was with the Spotify app on my phone.

Same experience here. Did not get it working until I power recycled the Pioneer A4. I did not need to reinstall the iPad Spotify app.

Everytime I want to connect my Desktop spotify to my Onkyo receiver, I have to reboot spotify to see the receiver appear in the Spotify Connect possibilities. Does anyone know why Spotify Connect can't see the Onkyo receiver the first instance?

Suggested posts