Irrelevant

Country

USA

Device
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16 

My Question or Issue

in the last few days, the music in Heardle will stop playing partway through the third guess while listening. Refreshing the page doesn’t fix it. If I close out of Chrome completely, then reopen the page it will accurately play that guess segment. After guessing and going onto the next segment it stops playing again and I have to close out Chrome again, rinse, repeat. So incredibly frustrating it becomes basically unplayable if you can’t get it in the first 2 seconds. 

11 Replies

Yep, it’s really frustrating. Have been experiencing this issue for around 1 week. Am using an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 16 on Chrome.

I have to close the tab and reload the website multiple times per game, and can never get to the full 16 seconds any more, even if I reload Chrome or try Safari.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you try to remove all cache and cookies to see if it makes any difference?

If the issue persists, can you provide us a recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is also happening to me (iPhone XR). I cleared my cache as suggested and lost all my stats. Are these gone forever? Also the issue persists. It constantly reloads as it’s playing and then doesn’t finish the song. Can you help?

Same on Safari after upgrade to iOS16.   It’s an iOS 16 bug I think. 

Same issue on an iPhone 13 with iOS 16. Restarting phone didn't work, restarting Safari didn't work, clearing cache and cookies didn't work, just obliterated my stats. Super annoying problem.

I've attached a recording, and you can see the issue begin after the third skip, and persist through the end of the game, even through page refreshes.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

Could you confirm this issue is occurring on other than the current devices as well? How about other browsers?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian - 

This also happens to me on iPhone 12 mini with iOS 16 using both chrome and safari. I don’t remember this happening before I upgraded to iOS 16. Let me know if you need more info. 
Thanks!!

Having the same issue here for over 3 weeks now using iPhone 13. It started the moment I upgraded to iOS 16. I play with a group of friends and only those who haven’t upgraded aren’t experiencing any issues. I even contacted Spotify a week into the problem as it was becoming really frustrating to play,

so they’ve known about the issue for a couple of weeks. I love the game and got a group of 10 friends in on the action, now I can’t play at all. Even with closing out and opening back up multiple times, I can’t get past 9 seconds of play. 

It says a lot about how dysfunctional Spotify is that they spent so much money on heardle and then immediately left it to rot. 

I had problems with this but it seems to be working for me the last few days. Anyone else?  Did something get fixed?

Yeah, fair play to them, they do seem to have fixed it. 

Suggested posts