Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with Samsung Gear S3

Help with Samsung Gear S3

I'm trying to get a very simple question answered. I was under the impression that if I had a Spotify free account, I could remotely control spotify on my phone with the samsung gear spotify app. I know I wouldn't get premium features like being able to download music locally, but I though I could at least play spotify on the phone using my watch. Is this not the case? Whenever I log in or use the prompt on the app to pair the watch with my phone, it goes through the process but then just says "Get Premium. To unlock all of spotify, upgrade to Premium on your phone". That doesn't seem right, as again I thought even with a spotify free account I could at least control the app from my phone. Please please help!
2 Replies

Hey @amitjm1980.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Here are the features that all Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit 2 and Fit 2 Pro, and Galaxy Watch users get:

• Play, pause, and skip.
  • Save music.
  • Shuffle and repeat.
  • Play music from Your Library, Browse, and Recently Played.

If you have Premium, you can also:

• Use the app as a remote to play on different devices with Spotify Connect.
  • Download music to the app so you can listen offline (see ‘Download music’ below).
  • Search using text controls.
  • Enjoy Premium sound quality.

If there are features that aren't working, try reinstalling the app on both your mobile device and the watch to see if that helps.

Hope it does. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I have installed the app on my phone in the watch multiple times and I can't get Spotify to work on my watch.  It just keeps saying to upgrade to premium.  all I want to do is to be able to use Spotify on my watch while my phone is on my desk.  I was under the impression that even with a free Spotify account I could control the Spotify app on my phone from my watch but I can't seem to do that.

Suggested posts