Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Here's an idea...tell me why I should stay with Spotify.

Here's an idea...tell me why I should stay with Spotify.

I've been a premium user for years and I have seen this platform slowly, surely and unapologetically stripped of all functions that made this an enjoyable music service to use.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer share a song with my friend

I pay $120 a year and can no longer have a conversation with other users about the things you make your $$ off of,...us and music.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer see who follows me or who follows my playlists.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer rely on any notification system within the app.
I pay $120 a year and can no longer search through third-party apps for great music.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer rate songs or see other people's opinions of songs.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer see lyrics

I pay $120 a year and can no longer search for my friends in the search bar. I have to type in some code to get it to work.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer believe your business model of creating "personalized ways of finding great music."

3 Replies

I used to feel that some of the changes were removed also, however i found that some features were just moved, hopefully, some of this can add value to your membership. 

Sharing songs: 

- Click the "more" button at the end of the track on your selected device

More.png

- and lots of options

Share copy.png

Who follows your playlists:

- Can be found under your profile in the desktop app

Untitled.png

Music Chat - Community Page: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/ct-p/TheGreenRoom 

Lyrics:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/can-i-see-lyrics-on-spotify/ 

1. Start playing music.
  2. Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
  3. See the song’s lyrics and their story!

Tip: If you don’t see it, the lyrics/story aren’t available for that song.
  4. Tap the lyrics view to switch to the cover art view.
MrDavo |

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.
If you like my post - Please add kudos to it.

No, it hasn't solved the issue of being able to "share" songs with friends. There's a whole message chain devoted to how this is a pain to do now. Spotify hasn't responded to the continuous requests to explain why they got rid of the inbox feature either - no one is buying the money-saving argument.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't wish to link your Spotify to twitter, facebook, etc., then you're stuck with copying a link, then going to your email or inbox and typing there. It's not efficient and not user-friendly.

At least you can see who follows you now, but still, if you go to a playlist and want to see who is following that list, you can't. That's the important information. I want to know who is following what lists.

Community chat - finding message boards is confusing on your website. Period. They're all over the place and hidden at time.

Are lyrics available on computer? I don't see it.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer rely on any notification system within the app.
I pay $120 a year and can no longer search through third-party apps for great music.

I pay $120 a year and can no longer rate songs or see other people's opinions of songs.

still

Suggested posts