Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hitting like does not add song to Liked From Radio playlist.

Solved!

Hitting like does not add song to Liked From Radio playlist.

So when I would listen to the radio, if i liked a song, it would go to the "Liked From Radio" playlist just fine. If I REALLY loved it, I'd add them to a PL of my own. This is how I managed the two. To my dismay, I decided to eventually look at the Liked From Radio playlist and all the recent songs I've liked have not been going to the Liked From Radio playlist. No matter what platform I use. Anyone can help? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Howdy again!

So I followed your steps. I would like to share something peculiar that happened. Here goes..

When I followed your steps in order, I noticed there was nothing new added to the playlist except 1 song 14 days ago (which I think I did manually). It still showed a total of 37 songs on Windows client regardless of the order. I went on to my phone and checked and it said 40 songs but there were duplicates on the iOS app which I deleted from the phone. When I did this, it matched the number showing on Windows. At this stage, I thought "this isn't working."

I went on Windows client again. I cloned the playlist just in case and called that "Liked From Radio Backup." I proceeded to complete your 2nd bullet point and that didn't do anything either. I decided, just to experiment and delete the original LFR playlist completely. I went back to the LFR (which I still kept playing a song from) and I just hit the like button to see if this time I got "Added to Liked From Radio" or something but did not see anything. It did show me a thumbs up on the list of songs. No Liked From Radio playlist was made automatically, even while refreshing.

ProjectAce7ProjectAce7Feeling that it was a Spotify issue instead, I thought to just restore my LFR playlist. I proceeded to click on the cogwheel and click Account. It brought up a browser to my account and I went and click the option "Restore Playlists." And voila! To my surprise (and confusion) it was showing (see screenshot) above. I restored the one with 65 songs and looking at he the songs ( and doing your 2nd bullet point) it showed me all the songs I remember adding and even the songs I tried testing while following your steps. Very odd! For now that part seems to be working (on Windows client). I wanted to update here as of now as well as share this weird bug (maybe it will help the community / staff). I will continue experimenting and reporting back on any more findings and also to see if it's all working as I remember it. Thanks in advanced.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @ProjectAce7, thanks for posting! 

This working perfectly for me on both mobile and desktop, seems some users experiencing troubles with it, check out this topic >>  

First of all try log out and log back in, this should refresh the app, and might help the bug to go away.

If you are still experiencing this issue, try a clean reinstallation of the client.  

Tell us how it goes! : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, thanks dearly for your reply. Unfortunately, uninstalling and relogging into Spotify on the Windows client did not work. I liked a song from the radio and it didn't add it to the Liked From Radio playlist. Additionally, I did the same exact thing on my iPhone 6S Plus (which is new) and tested the same, and the songs are not adding to the Liked From Radio playlist.

On the iOS app, when I do hit thumbs up, it just says "improving station." It doesn't let me change thumbs down or thumbs up once I make the selection.

When I hit thumbs up on the Windows client, it doesn't say anything, it just lights green.

This occurs both on the Windows client and iOS app. Again, neither platform let's me change the thumbs up or down once I make a selection on XYZ song. And of course, the song doesn't show up in the Liked From Radio playlist. =(

Hey back @ProjectAce7 

Thats really odd.. 

Let`s try some things 

• Double check if your playlist is sorted in newest first (uncheck/check it again)sorting date.jpg
  • Go to your "Liked from radio" playlist, click the 3 dots menu and "Start playlist radio" .. Then follow the station and try to like the track again 
  • Try clearing your cashe 
  • Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage

OS X: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Storage/

Linux: ~/.cache/spotify/Storage/ 

• You might be interested in this idea, which suggesting to undo/change your like/dislike`s 

Btw: Is that happened after a specific update?

If the problem still persist, please share some information about your devices and the Spotify app version, I`ll pass that to someone of the staff, to check if this is a live issue or it`s related to your current version only : )

Howdy again!

So I followed your steps. I would like to share something peculiar that happened. Here goes..

When I followed your steps in order, I noticed there was nothing new added to the playlist except 1 song 14 days ago (which I think I did manually). It still showed a total of 37 songs on Windows client regardless of the order. I went on to my phone and checked and it said 40 songs but there were duplicates on the iOS app which I deleted from the phone. When I did this, it matched the number showing on Windows. At this stage, I thought "this isn't working."

I went on Windows client again. I cloned the playlist just in case and called that "Liked From Radio Backup." I proceeded to complete your 2nd bullet point and that didn't do anything either. I decided, just to experiment and delete the original LFR playlist completely. I went back to the LFR (which I still kept playing a song from) and I just hit the like button to see if this time I got "Added to Liked From Radio" or something but did not see anything. It did show me a thumbs up on the list of songs. No Liked From Radio playlist was made automatically, even while refreshing.

Feeling that it was a Spotify issue instead, I thought to just restore my LFR playlist. I proceeded to click on the cogwheel and click Account. It brought up a browser to my account and I went and click the option "Restore Playlists." And voila! To my surprise (and confusion) it was showing (see screenshot).

Howdy again!

Feeling that it was a Spotify issue instead, I thought to just restore my LFR playlist. I proceeded to click on the cogwheel and click Account. It brought up a browser to my account and I went and click the option "Restore Playlists." And voila! To my surprise (and confusion) it was showing (see screenshot) below.

Good you`ve tried the steps!

So, is everything fine now? 

Seems you`ve found the solutions itself, it make sense to work after you delete the playlist, might it "stucked" somehow

Marked as solution

Howdy again!

ProjectAce7ProjectAce7Feeling that it was a Spotify issue instead, I thought to just restore my LFR playlist. I proceeded to click on the cogwheel and click Account. It brought up a browser to my account and I went and click the option "Restore Playlists." And voila! To my surprise (and confusion) it was showing (see screenshot) above. I restored the one with 65 songs and looking at he the songs ( and doing your 2nd bullet point) it showed me all the songs I remember adding and even the songs I tried testing while following your steps. Very odd! For now that part seems to be working (on Windows client). I wanted to update here as of now as well as share this weird bug (maybe it will help the community / staff). I will continue experimenting and reporting back on any more findings and also to see if it's all working as I remember it. Thanks in advanced.

Sorry for the previous posts. The last post above this one should be my post, I don't know why it was posting on its own when I was uploading the image. I think for now I have found the solution! Thanks again! As I mentioned previously, if anything peculiar happens, I will post.

Excellent! 

Yes, please share if you investigate something else, it would be helpful for people who experiencing the same issue to find a solution! : ) 

Happy listening!

Sounds good! Will do. Seems like what I did fixed the issue on both the Windows client and the issue on the iOS app as well. So all is well! 

Now if only I could do something about the "Liked From Radio", radio duplicates. Yikes.

Luckily you can! : )

Please take a look at Spotify Dedup 

/ Dedup traverses the playlists in your Spotify library and lets you remove duplicate tracks easily. /

"I use the Spotify Web API to fetch the user’s public and private playlist tracks, and to remove the duplicate tracks from the playlist."

Sweet!! Thanks for that. Now is there any way to remove recenty played Radio lists? Seems like I have duplicate Liked From Radio albums showing in the recently played radio section. After that, I'll  be 100% whole =D 

Hey again! 

Yes it is possible too, you just need to unfollow the station : ) 

Right click - Unfollow will do the same job

unfollow station.jpg

When I firsrted using Spotify in 2012, all songs I liked on radio stations would go to a playlist made for me called like from radio. I understand they've updated this and the feature no longer exists, but it would be nice if the songs we like saved at least to our library at least, if not bring back the whole feature. For me, I was used to that feature for 4 to 5 years, and almost depended on it. #ressurectthelikefromradio

Suggested posts