Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home stereo system for Spotify? Ideas?

Home stereo system for Spotify? Ideas?

Hi all, I've been using spotify on my mobile and on my PC for a while now, and I love it. I want to have a kind of home stereo system where I'm able to browse/use/play music from spotify in my living room without any need for a mobile and/or PC. My idea is to just be able to play music directly from the receiver when friends come over, parties, while cooking, cleaning, etc.

Could you please give me some ideas on how to set up such a system? I don't have much experience with audio systems at all. Last stereo system I had was just a radio receiver with a CD player...

I'm not going for "best quality ever" or anything like that. Just enough to listen to music. It would also be nice if the receiver was compatible with other music services so as to make it more or less future proof. Binding it to just one service could prove problematic in the future. Who knows

So far I've come up with these ideas, but I'm not sure if they're any good:

This receiver: Denon AVR-X1000

Speakers: Canton GLE 420

I have a CD player I could connect as well.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Hi. Full instructions for using Spotify on this receiver are in the user manaual, starting on page 79. If these don't work for you. please explain exactly where things go wrong and we'll try to help. If you don't have a user manual, you can download it from the Denon site.

Hi, well I haven't bought it yet. I just wanted to check if it was a good option or if anyone had any others.

Hey!

I don't use any stereo system myself so I can't be much help there I'm afraid, but you might've heard about Spotify Connect, which we're beginning to roll-out. That'll let you control Spotify on certain stereo devices from your iPhone (other devices/platforms available later). It's pretty neat so it might be something you want to consider!

Details of our currently-announced partners here. Note: Pioneer is the only one that's launched so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts