Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I listen to my local files on my phone to play on my ps5?

How can I listen to my local files on my phone to play on my ps5?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 12)

Operating System

(iOS 15)

My Question or Issue

Ok , so normally when i am playing on my PS5 i use the spotify app on my phone to play spotify on my ps5. I was curious if there is a way to get my "Local Files" that are uploaded to spotify on my phone and have them play on my ps5? 

It seems like this should work when im playing spotify from my phone and the files are on my phone. If there is not a way for this to work , it should be added ! 

3 Replies

Hey @poohty

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that it's not possible to play your local files on a PS5.

When you control another device using the Connect feature, the music is not streamed from the device you are using as the controller (in this case, your phone). That's why your PS5 doesn't have access to the local files stored on your phone.

However, It seems also that some other users feel the way you do and  went ahead and posted this idea about it. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well from what i can see , i have no option to vote for that idea. While i get the idea of votes, how many users does spotify have? Now how many actually take time to even visit an area like that to even vote on an idea? Requiring 500 votes to "prove" its a good idea is rather bogus honestly. It's a great idea. How about this. Put out a survey on actual spotify , so when people log in they see the survey and ask if they would like that feature. I am willing to bet you would get a ton of people wanting it. Your methods are poor for picking what should be valued as a good idea. 

Hey @poohty,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

After the redesign of the page, the +Vote button that used to be on the right site of the screen, is now a "thumbs up" button located below the original post. To add your vote to the Idea, you just need to click on the thumbs up button.

Make sure you've logged in to your Spotify account before hitting the button to avoid any redirection to the login page.

Also, we want to thank you as well for the time you took reporting the issue and giving the feedback about the Idea exchange and the voting process. We're always testing new things to implement suggestions made by users and to make Spotify better overall.

If you have any additional questions, remember that the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts