Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can Spotify get away with this? (ONKYO support)

How can Spotify get away with this? (ONKYO support)

Spotify have punished early adopters, many of who have invested hunders of euros in compatible hardware, and have spent good money on a premium subscription.

They have taken their money, taken manufacturers license money, and now destroy that valuable customer relationship by pulling support for devices whci are currently working perfectly well.

This is nothing but legalised theft, and very worrying for any hardware manufacturers who wish to integrate with Spotify, as I for one will never buy and hardware with Spotify integrated again.

You cannot trust Spotify, they are a bunch of corporate thieves.

Who will be next?

Signed ONKYO owner.

15 Replies

Totally agree! I happen to have a Logitech Squeezebox as well: same story. Again: how can Spotify get away with this?

AGREE , I HAD SAME PROBLEM AND WHEN I ASKED SUPPORT FROM SPOTIFY THE ONLY THING THE TOLD ME THAT THEY TRYING TO IMPROVE THERE SERVICE. BUT THIS ISEN 'T ANY IMPROVE.. IT'S F#CKING ME UP .. I BOUGHT ME SPECIAL A ONKYO RECEIVER BECAUSE THE INTERGRATED SPOTIFY OPTION , DON'T WANT ANY OTHER DEVICES FOR MY LEVINGROOM , THAT'S WHY IT WAS A PERFECT SOLUTION . NOW I HAVE TO BUY A OTHER MEDIA DEVICE IF I WANT TO USE SPOTIFY IN COMBINATION WITH MY RECEIVER.. STUPPID FROM SPOTIFY... REALLY MAD ABOUT THEM ...

Had the same problem with Pioneer N70A. Working one day gone the next. Will they ever include it back again?

It's fraud. Spotify has stopped supporting the app on a 65 inch TV I bought just 14 months ago.  Someone should start a class action suit.

You will find the "legalese" in the terms and conditions basically let's
them do what they want, whether it's morally right or wrong. Wrong in this
case.

I wonder how many more people are experiencing the same thing and suffering quietly. I had to buy another device to stream Spotify to my sound system but no guarantee the same thing wouldn't happen again. At least this device also streams Tidal and many others in case that happens.

Same here! Impossible to login to Spotify on my Onkyo receiver.Is that all due to Spotify stop supporting the Onkyo app?

It appears that Spotify have removed some devices from its list of supported devices. This link gives you a list but there are some devices that are not listed. https://www.spotifygear.com/

Yes, they are forcing people to buy new hardware or use another streaming
service. Either way, it's money they won't be receiving.

Same for me. My Onkyo can't login anymore with my Spotify subscribtion. I tried to stream from my mobile phone but the quality is poor and the connection unreliable. If Spotify won't fix this. It is time to step over to another streaming media. Really a bat choice of Spotify. They will lose customers in this way.

They say they are improving service, but they are actually making the service worse. These dirty corksmokers are up to something shady.

There is an Android app called Airspot that transforms the Spotify Connect protocol to normal DLNA, and allows streaming from a phone/tablet running Spotify.

Hi guys. I need to reply because first I was mad too because you spend money on devices like me but than need you as me as admin of servers and also perspect of business and money that when the service cost more than profit you need to switch it off. And I think they postpone it till 3 times of profit. Life goes on.. 😉

I've a tx-nr515 that is not supported anymore... gonna get a raspberry pi zero and put a hi q audio hat and plug it in the phono port in the back... should work...$40 us

And use Volumio on Spotify connect 

Suggested posts