How do I import Itunes playlists

How do I import Itunes playlists

Enno

Hi,

I'm new at Spotify and i cant import my playlists from Itunes into Spotify. When i click *File -> Import Playlist -> Itunes* nothing happens.

Please help me

Greetings Enno

38 Replies

Raggle23

Thank you my friend!

dustin91
Casual Listener

It worked! Excellent idea!

Doesn't seem to have updated on my iPhone app, but I'll just leave that and the desktop app open overnight, and see what it looks like in the morning. Maybe the iOS app doesn't sync as quickly.

dustin91
Casual Listener

I keep my iTunes folder (and therefore the Playlist) on an external drive. Maybe Spotify is only looking in the default location?

fredbram1
Casual Listener

The problem, I believe, is that Spotify won't import smart playlists from iTunes.

sandeepde

RE iTunes2Spotify

Thank you for this - first solution I've found to actually work on importing playlists into Spotify. Even the built in integration Spotify previously had never worked correctly, nor did any of the web based conversion solutions I've tried to convert / replicate a local library in Spotify. 

FPSP

What about an alternative for Mac users?

DragosNic

On Mac I don't have in the File menu Import function.

bhavs
Casual Listener

Use the slider in preferences for iTunes

jiguma

I get the iTunes folder with only two of my iTunes playlists - one of which contains songs that I don't know.  Very frustrating!

Neil

jairosk8
Music Fan

Try following this https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/

Import playlists from iTunes

You can import your iTunes playlists to Spotify easily:

First, make sure your playlists have been shared from iTunes. To do this:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Head to Preferences.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. Tick Share iTunes Library XML with other applications.

Then, open Spotify and import your playlists:

1. Click on File in the menu bar.
  2. Select Import Playlists from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click iTunes.

Now you’ll see all your iTunes playlists added in a playlist folder called iTunes.

Note: Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. If QuickTime is installed on your computer then .m4a files are also supported. We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog.

fbocchio

My Spotify to Mac does not show the option "import" under File tab...

Lucas871

Hello,

I tried to install your app on my old MacBook, and even after installing the Mono framework I receive this message.

"Impossible to open the following disk images

iTunes2Spotify.dmg => no file system mountable"

I'm a bit old fashioned, as I run with :

Mac OS X 10.7.5

itunes 12.2.2.25

spotify 1.0.24.104.g92a22684

I'm very interested by your solution.

Does it work when you have your library on a folder on aNAS hard drive that goes through the WiFi?

Cheers

ewolfson
Casual Listener

Spotify instructions are (no longer?) accurate.  No menu choice for importing iTunes, unless that is no longer allowed?

Vidya46
Casual Listener

Is the "import playlist" menu item no longer available?

creevz
Casual Listener
Yes, it's gone. See
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Importing-iTunes-playlists/td-p/4392200

Also, I upgraded my Mac this morning and watched it disappear. Which, in
hindsight, was dumb. Oh well.

[image: Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.53.43 AM.png]

[image: Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.55.58 AM.png]

teej87
Regular

Done all of that naturally, the Spotify program doesn't work with importing playlists from any media players it lists, just does nothing everytime, I tried it with itunes open and closed, restarted pc, checked for updates, reinstalled itunes, reinstalled spotify, no luck, simple feature to have broken more than it works.

tukker44

Same here, no iTunes folder is created...

brumme

+1 - still doesn't work

SUGGESTED POSTS