Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove Echo Dot devices from my Spotify account?

How do I remove Echo Dot devices from my Spotify account?

When attempting to “forget” the devices from the device menu they regain access almost instantly. Also worth noting, any access to Spotify has been removed from the available apps in the Echo devices from the Amazon Alexa app.
10 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the support Joan.  Please find my answers below - 

• Amazon Echo Dot, 5th Generation 
  • Spotify version 8.8.2.511
  • Issue started when my account was upgraded to the family plan which enabled music to be played on additional/multiple devices
  • Issue is specific to Echo Dot devices listed above
  • I am not able to upload a video due to an “unexpected error” which highlights the failure of forgetting a device. 

Hey @Mgillis8,

Thank you for getting back to us! 

We'd suggest to log in to your Apps page and remove access to the app that is related to your Echo Dot.

On another note, if you are not able to attach a video of the issue due to an error, you can also try upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it). 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

That makes sense and unfortunately I’ve already removed access from the individual devices.   At the end of the day the issue is the inability to remove/forget devices from my Spotify account and I’ve yet to be given proper guidance on how to do that.  

Hey @Mgillis8

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, are you referring to the list of available devices you can see on the Connect list? 

Also, sending us a video would come in handy. This would help us having a better understanding of the issue.  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi.

I am referring to the devices listed from the devices menu within my Spotify account.  Was able to attached a video screen capture that shows the experience I am having with devices not actually being "forgot".

Hey @Mgillis8,

Thanks for your reply and for the video you kindly sent us. 

Keep in mind that if two devices are logged in to the same Spotify account on the same network, they will show up in the Devices menu. The forget device option does the trick when trying to unlink devices that are no longer on the same network. Alternatively, you can switch on Show local devices only in the settings menu on mobile devices and restart the app.

Other users have also went ahead and posted this idea that requests the option to turn off Connect. If that's something you would like you can add your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribe to it for any updates. 

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Thanks, but while the devices are on the same network the additional devices have had Spotify removed from them.  I might be oversimplifying the solution, however there has to be a database record that stores the available devices connected to my account and with a the introduction of an API request to delete or disable their availability would solve this.  Is that something that exists?

Hey @Mgillis8,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

It's currently not possible to manage which devices have access to your Spotify account. However, it seems like the Community folks have already gathered on a similar feature request and have created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I paired my new Echo Dot, but after pairing I decided to rename it and to click "Forget this device" on the old one from the spotify app. Now I have two devices, but the old one keeps saying "Waking up..." from the app's device selection menu. Any advice?

Suggested posts