Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Remove Artist from Release Radar/Radio?

How to Remove Artist from Release Radar/Radio?

How do you remove an artist from Release Radar?  I don't know how or why, but Drake always ends up on my playlists.  I don't believe I have ever "liked" or even played a Drake song on purpose, yet I always get Drake showing up.  How can I remove an artist from ever playing on a playlist again?  There is nothing worse than having 29 death metal songs in my Release Radar, then a random Drake song popping up to ruin my day.

12 Replies

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can like and dislike songs in any of the playlists that are made for you. We recommend liking all your favorite Death Metal tracks and disliking Drake whenever he pops up. That way we can learn more about your personal taste and improve the playlists which we tailor for you 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

@Guido wrote:

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can like and dislike songs in any of the playlists that are made for you. We recommend liking all your favorite Death Metal tracks and disliking Drake whenever he pops up. That way we can learn more about your personal taste and improve the playlists which we tailor for you 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

@Guido, there does not appear to be any "like" or "dislike" buttons available on the web browser for the playlists mentioned.

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting back to us.

The like/dislike option is currently not available on the web player.

Do you only use Spotify on the web player, or do you have a device which has the app intalled?

In any case, you're welcome to suggest that the like/dislike option be implemented in the web player by creating a new idea in the Community here.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you in the meantime in case you have any further questions.

Hey, to piggie back of this i am in a similar boat with the drake songs.

I go through my playlists every week but quite often the songs by drake and tyga and other artists i have no interest in dont have an option that allows me to dislike them.

Most of the songa in the release radar playlist do have the like and dislike option, however sometimes they arent there, and the shuffle and repeat button take their place. Even if i click on the 3 dot menu the most i can do is report the song for explicit content..

Screenshot_20190325-201856_Spotify.jpg

Hi,  I am using Spotify on Android and can say I have the same problem with unwanted songs popping up week after week and no dislike button to be found. Will there be any fix or option coming for this? 

Hey @Wetb,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Do you mind giving us some more info about what you're experiencing.

Specifically we'd like to know whether these songs are being added to a specific playlist (e.g. one of your custom-made playlists or a Spotify-created playlist) or they're being added to your Queue.

If you're seeing any suspicious activity on your account and you suspect that someone might have gained access to it, make sure to follow the steps listed in this support article to secure your account.

Let us know how you get on!

Seems that the dislike button is not available on the web version any longer. I can only like songs. Also the problem that occured for me is that I made a playlist for the kids birthday. Would be nice if I can exclude this from recomendations as you recommended similar not so fun to listen to songs for me as an adult.

Hey @Scrier,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

There is a feature called "Exclude from Taste Profile" and it's now available on all platforms. There's more info about the topic in our Newsroom Article.

We'd suggest that you give it a try and you shouldn't be receiving those recommendations in the future. Steps can be found below:

1. Select the playlist of your choice. 
  2. Tap the three dots near the top of the playlist.
  3. Select “Exclude from your Taste Profile.”

Here you check out how long does it take for excluding to take effect. 

Hope you find this useful. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey 🙂

Does this Option exist for certain artists / Songs specifically or do I have to make a Custom Playlist with the artists / songs I don't like and mark it as "exclude from your taste profile"?

Hi there @Loyurs 

Thanks for the post.

You have to remove each Artist, that you don't want to see from your taste profile manually. There is no way to to this by the dozen currently.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why Spotify is tricking to remove songs / artists from the Release Radar in the web player???

Your interest is to serve your customers and provide better weekly playlist! 
There used to be a clear "-" button to remove... why on earth had it to be removed?

Please provide a CLEAR, IMMEDIATE way to remove surplus artists / tracks from a playlist in the WEB APP!

That should be available for individual songs that pop up on Release Radar as well. Not only whole playlists. 

Suggested posts