Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add a playlist to another playlist

Solved!

How to add a playlist to another playlist

Hi there 

I remember about 2 months ago I could add a playlist to another one. I cant do that anymore why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

you could add all the songs from one playlist to another by holding down shift button and selecting all then drag the songs to the desired playlist.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hey there @Ethan_Moore004, thanks for writing!

What device are you using?

Can you please tell me the steps you used to do it?

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

Back When I did it I was using a chromebook.

I am trying now and it is not working.

I would drag a playlist into another one

Hey @Ethan_Moore004,

In this case I suggest you to move the songs by selecting all the songs you want to move within a playlist with "Ctrl + A" ("Command + A" for Mac). Then, you'll only need to drag the songs to the playlists you want them to be in.

Hope this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Marked as solution

you could add all the songs from one playlist to another by holding down shift button and selecting all then drag the songs to the desired playlist.

Much easier to hit Ctrl+A, which will select all songs in the playlist at once

how would I do that be specific

I contacted a Spotify agent person and they said they will talk to the right people who work for Spotify about adding the feature

have they responded to you already? not sure why they removed this feature. It's now pretty hard to create a playlist, you have to do it song per song.

Hoping that they will bring back this feature.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

The best way to select and copy all songs in a playlist would be using the Ctrl+A (Windows)/ Command+A (Mac PC) command on a desktop device. 

Note: Chromebooks use the Android version of Spotify, so selecting multiple items is not possible by default.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Not on Mobile you can’t. I swear Spotify has reached the status at the leader in music streaming and decided that there’s no need to add any new features. 

i did this with my playlist, and it was a massive helps! thanks for the tip 🙂

Does not work on Windows10
a) shift key has no effect
b) Ctrl-A marks all the the text in the Browser window, but not the songs (tried with firefox and chrome)

Hi @ruedih,

Make sure you're using the Spotify desktop app, and not the web player. 

BittencourtSpotify Star

this didn't work for me 😕 what do i do

Hi there @Ven0,

Thanks for the post.

Since the thread is quite old, can you clarify what doesn't work for you and what platform you're using? We'll do our best to help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Using Windows Chrome Browser version I could not get it to select multiple songs using CTRL + A or anything suggested.  What I did was go into the Spotify App on my Android phone. Open the playlist in question and you will see three vertical dots. Click on those for more and under that you will have the option to "add to other playlist". 

This worked for me and immediately saw the changes take affect in the web browser version of Spotify as well. 

How? On a browser or on the app?

using the app have an option to add all to other playlist

Alex, I am trying to do this on a pc.  My wife and I always shared her account, but we just found out about the duo account.  I am trying to copy the "Liked Songs" to a playlist that can be shared with me since apparently "Liked Songs" can't be shared. Doing this manually will take forever.  How do I copy songs from one playlist to another so that I can have this playlist.

Suggested posts