Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to copy a playlist or add a playlist's content to another?

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't find any function that can achieve it.

Is it possible for Spotify to add this function of copying playlists?

2 Replies

Hi @deybascrun,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

On the desktop app, you can first navigate to the playlist that you’d like to copy, then click on a song there, and from the top-left of the screen, select “Edit” -> “Select All,” which should highlight all the tracks in that playlist. Next, you can right-click on any of these highlighted tracks and select “Add to Playlist” -> “New Playlist” (or select an existing playlist in your library to add these songs to).

If “Edit” -> “Select All” only selects the first 100 tracks in your playlist, as has been reported here, then you can try the workaround method suggested in that thread: select the top song in the playlist, then scroll down 50-100 tracks, and [Shift + click] on a song to select these 50-100 tracks before right-clicking on them and adding them to the new playlist. Then you can repeat this process in increments of 50-100 songs until you’ve added all the tracks from one playlist to another. Similarly, you can accomplish this process in increments by clicking on a song, and then holding Shift and scrolling down 50-100 songs to select these tracks. This process isn’t ideal and may take a while, but it should work.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot!!

Suggested posts