Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete offline songs

Solved!

How to delete offline songs

Hi,

I recently noticed that after toggling an offline play list to not be available offline the storage used by the Windows Phone 8 application hasn't changed at all. It says in the settings that it uses the same storage as it was when the play list was available offline. Is this normal?

How can I force the application to clear all of the old offline songs from my device in order to free storage?

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If it is like Spotify on iOS, you need to re-install the app to clear the cache.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

If it is like Spotify on iOS, you need to re-install the app to clear the cache.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is this really how it is on iOS. I would be shocked if this is the only "solution" to this basic functionality.

If it is a bug it would be ok but definetely not an expected behavior. Thanks for the response I would give it a try as I already tought about this but as mentioned I hoped this is not what I was supposed to do as it will make syncing all of my other offline playlist a pain in the ass task in the future.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

I know spotify neglects WP but surprised this also exists in iOS. I have this same problem. *sigh*

after a year this is the only solution?

Now it 2016, is there another solution? I know on android there is a feature in settings to clear local data. Do we have something like that on windows 8? For a windows phone.

Suggested posts