Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get better radio?

Solved!

How to get better radio?

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a better radio or station with Spotify? The biggest problem I have right now is all the repeats, usually after making a station, after 3 weeks worth of listening it ends up becoming a repeat station. Now I don't mind some repeats, but I'm pretty sure its been ages since I've heard something new on it.

Please note that I don't want to make a new station because it will likely be based on a song thats in my current one. I guess where I'm going with this is that I tried RDIO recently, and am loving all the variation in tracks they have, and the fact that I can be more adventerous trying new songs, and less so and getting super similar ones is great. I've also found a lot more music that I've loved with it, which I don't find with Spotify.

Unfortunately while I think Spotify is defintiely the better service of the two, I usually use the radio feature the most which means essentially not bothering with Spotify as much. Was hoping there might be some way to either change how adventerous or not my stations are, or if there was someway to get a better radio that doesnt end up being repeats within the month so that I can stay with just Spotfy?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, there is not currently a setting for how adventurous your station is, although I would recommend adding kudos and comments to this idea in the meantime.

As far as avoiding repeats, I can't offer a perfect solution to this, but I've found that thumbing up and down songs can severely cut down on the amount of variety a station has, so you might try using those sparingly. That said, it can still be difficult to get a station just like you want, but it does seem like Spotify fine tunes the algorhithms quite a bit, so hopefully this is something that will continue to improve over time.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, there is not currently a setting for how adventurous your station is, although I would recommend adding kudos and comments to this idea in the meantime.

As far as avoiding repeats, I can't offer a perfect solution to this, but I've found that thumbing up and down songs can severely cut down on the amount of variety a station has, so you might try using those sparingly. That said, it can still be difficult to get a station just like you want, but it does seem like Spotify fine tunes the algorhithms quite a bit, so hopefully this is something that will continue to improve over time.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@dinomight wrote:

Thanks mate, I was hoping there would be a non spotify answer, since not trying to be mean but the last time I updated spotify features started dissapearing as opposed to appearing lol.

But you're definitely right, I try not to use the thumbs too sparingly as I find some songs as kind of eh, and I would prefer it not to change my station but it seems like this is probably the best course of action.

Thanks for your message, I kudoed the other thread as well :D.

When you create a station based on an artist, you will hear songs from other artists related to it. If you create the station based on a song, you will listen to songs similar to this one of related artists. But ... if you first create a short playlist of artists (not necessarily) related ... and then create a station starting from that playlist ... then you will get a quite varied station with music that probably liked you all.

Suggested posts