Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play entire playlist on Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

How to play entire playlist on Samsung Smart TV

On my Samsung Smart TV, I can browse my Spotify playlists and select the "+" button behind a song, but how do I play the entire playlist (or queue it)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @filip_hoeven, thanks for the screenshots you sent us.

We were able to see what you meant, but this is the way the app is supposed to work for the TV at the moment. We'll make sure to pass all of your comments and suggestions about the Spotify TV app to our Devs team.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

All the best,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @filip_hoeven,

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

The Queue feature is not available for the TV app, but you should be able to play the whole playlist, though. Could you send us a screenshot of how the app looks on your TV? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

I did find out when making the screenshots, although I must say it's not very intuitive.

First screenshot is where all playlists are listed.

Second screenshot is when I pressed OK on a playlist.

Third screenshot is when I pressed OK on a song.

It starts playing and is shown at the bottom left corner, but there is no indication that the entire playlist will be played, also no PREVIOUS/NEXT indication (which does work with the remote's FFWD,REW keys, they do not FFWD or REW but skip to next/previous song)

If you select the PLUS icon by pressing RIGHT key on a song, you are able to add it to another playlist. I would expect some kind of PLAY icon indicating playback of the entire playlist or PREV/NEXT icons next to the "current playing song"'s image at the bottom left corner.

20160804_214153_show_playlists.jpg
20160804_214220_entered_playlist.jpg
20160804_214242_pressed_ok_on_song.jpg

This is what you see when you select the + icon next to a song.

20160804_214255_pressed_left_and_ok_on_plus_icon_behind_song.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @filip_hoeven, thanks for the screenshots you sent us.

We were able to see what you meant, but this is the way the app is supposed to work for the TV at the moment. We'll make sure to pass all of your comments and suggestions about the Spotify TV app to our Devs team.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

All the best,

Suggested posts