Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to select multiple songs at once

How to select multiple songs at once

I'm wondering if there's a way to select multiple songs at once in a playlist, or even just add all the songs in a playlist to another one (like how you. It's really annoying to do them all separately, especially if I want to move a whole 200 songs. 

I have the app on a Chromebook.

5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. 

If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store.

By using the Spotify app on your Chromebook you'll be able to select multiple tracks by holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard while selecting the songs. Alternatively, you can click on a single song, hold the Shift key and then select another song for the end of your selection. All songs included between the first and the last song you selected will be marked as selected. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Sorry for not seeing this earlier!
Is this for premium only? Because I have the free version and the app doesn't allow me to view the songs on a playlist where I can select one.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You can perform this selection regardless of the subscription plan you're using. It normally works on any PC or laptop device as a standard selection method for both free and Premium accounts. 

We'll be here if you have any questions. 

I am using the android app with ChromeOS and when I click a playlist to view, the songs are listed like this:

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 8.05.39 AM.png

And when I click edit playlist, they're shown like this

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 8.05.54 AM.png

There isn't any way to select a song, and if a click a song (with or without holding ctrl) it will start playing the snippet.

Is this the right place/part of the app?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to assist me!

Hey again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us posted and for the info you've shared.

Sorry for the mix-up - we're afraid it's not possible to select multiple songs in the Android app, even when using it on your Chromebook, and it's not possible to do it on the web player either.

However, it looks like other users would like to see this option as well, so we recommend checking out this idea. If that sounds good to you, you can add your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it so you're on top of any new updates we share about it.

You can learn more about how ideas reach the right teams at Spotify here.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts