Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am getting tiered of posting things like that

Solved!

I am getting tiered of posting things like that

Plan

Free + Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

At the end of a random plays stops the web player and it is nothing functional.

Tried EVERYTHING that you will gonna say or thinking to tell me but didn't work.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh boy... i understand your confusion, i have the same problem... but lets all together do the following as i describe and will see if fix it.

Windows 10:

Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and type "cmd" into the search bar.
You'll see the Command Prompt app as the best match at the top of the list. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.
A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

a. netsh int ip reset reset.txt
b. netsh advfirewall reset
c. ipconfig / flushdns
d. ipconfig / release
f. ipconfig / renew
g. netsh winsock reset

and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.
Restart your computer to finish.

Hope help us...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Ok hold tide there. I ran accounts from VMWare with chrome, firefox and opera, i opened a network traffic control i use and watched all of them playing a random playlist like My country's Top 50... in my case the 3 of them stopped at the first song of the list and the network utility show me that the browser has lost connection with the spotify's web player, at the other one played 4 songs and stopped too with the "lost connection". I checked it out, and at my friends pc who has different internet provider at the next apartment of mine, he got the same issue and told me to post here if anyone can fix this or find a solution i said to him to hold on, i made him call his internet provider support first, they guided him thoroughly into his router settings and options ran ping tests etc. and discovered that somehow rhe DNS service they use for their clients Blocked spotify from playing and accessing it or Spotify blocked their DNS. The tech support guided him to change the DNS servers from his router to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, the connection restarted from the router played songs normaly, i went for shopping and i returned 2 hours and told me stopped again, i made him to ping the spotify address and failed. So from our side where ok and probably spotify somehow blocks the DNS a user apply, i cannot explain it how but it does it because w changed again to google's DNS played an hour and stopped again. I went to my apartment tried the same DNSs and got the same result 1 song and stops, thats it. Then we both factory reset our routers checked the speed normal at 200mbps ran ping got response with the default DNS router pre-applied with and boom! After 3-5 songs stopped again..... we tried with VPN services we have and everyone has it's own DNSs so... all the VPNs we ran with spotify was normal about a half hour and then stopped, pinged again no response back.

I don't know what is going on i am telling you what we tried by our side. The rest is a Spotify's work.

Thanks and hope for a fix soon.

PS. The tests ran from UK by as and from my sister at IE Dublin and got the same.

Marked as solution

Oh boy... i understand your confusion, i have the same problem... but lets all together do the following as i describe and will see if fix it.

Windows 10:

Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and type "cmd" into the search bar.
You'll see the Command Prompt app as the best match at the top of the list. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.
A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

a. netsh int ip reset reset.txt
b. netsh advfirewall reset
c. ipconfig / flushdns
d. ipconfig / release
f. ipconfig / renew
g. netsh winsock reset

and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.
Restart your computer to finish.

Hope help us...

**bleep**!!!!!

Spotify didn't answered, ISPs didn't know and you coming in here like "a boss" and you post the **bleep** solution to my problem! My respect to you my friend!

ISPs and Spotify should hire you!

Thank you!

Suggested posts