Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am hearing ads in my podcasts. I pay for premium. This must stop.

I am hearing ads in my podcasts. I pay for premium. This must stop.

I have started hearing ads during podcasts.

I pay for premium.

I pay for no ads.

I am hearing ads.

Removing ads is completely in your control as it is your platform.

Please correct this.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Hey @noadsmate, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience, however, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages. There’s more info about this here.

I hope this helps. I'll be here if you need a hand with anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The guy above who's totally not a Spotify employee and other employees will consistently lie to you about this subject. They'll tell you these ads were placed by the podcast creators and it's out of the company's control, despite the fact that they are in fact placed solely by Spotify who has complete control over forcing you to listen to these ads. Search this forum, there's endless posts on the subject where they do this. Don't let them gaslight you and don't waste your time with their lies. Please report them to the FTC for false advertising at reportfraud.ftc.gov

That response by the guy who definitely isn't an employee is a complete lie.

My podcast gets stopped, MID SENTENCE, for an advert to be played that I have to press the skip ahead function to bring it to the end, at which point the podcast resumes. This isn't an advertisement read out by the podcaster that is included in the podcast, this is a case of 'pause and interrupt the podcast. Play advert. Resume podcast MID SENTENCE'.

Why would I pay premium for this? Cancel subscription, cus you'll get adverts regardless. Premium is BS for podcasts.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

The ads you hear may not be read by the content creators, but it's up to them to decide whether or not they want to include third party advertisements as some podcasts may have third-party advertising or sponsorship messages within their episodes that are embedded in the audio. 

You can read more about this in the statues of this closed idea.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts