Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can no longer sort a playlist by the date the song was added or by the user who added the song

Solved!

I can no longer sort a playlist by the date the song was added or by the user who added the song

Pretty much says it in the title. Recently, I logged onto the spotify webplayer and found that I was no longer given the option of sorting the songs by date or by user submission. In addition, clicking on the column headers (like song name or artist) didn't change the sorting by alphabetical order. And clicking and dragging songs didn't change anything either! 

I tried zooming out and as you can see in the attached image, I don't have the friends feed active, so what am I doing wrong? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

The Web Player in your screenshot is actually the standard Web Player which does not have any of those features you've listed.

There has been an A/B test among very few users (apparently also you) to bring a more desktop-like experience to the Web Player. This test finished a couple of days ago and all those users have been reverted back to the old Web Player.

If the test was successful or if the new Player will come back again, is not known yet.
Hopefully it returns! 😉

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

The Web Player in your screenshot is actually the standard Web Player which does not have any of those features you've listed.

There has been an A/B test among very few users (apparently also you) to bring a more desktop-like experience to the Web Player. This test finished a couple of days ago and all those users have been reverted back to the old Web Player.

If the test was successful or if the new Player will come back again, is not known yet.
Hopefully it returns! 😉

Thanks for the response!

darn, was really enjoying that interface. Fingers crossed it gets added in an update sometime soon!

Suggested posts