Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't access the new AI DJ even tho' others on my Premium account can.

Solved!

I can't access the new AI DJ even tho' others on my Premium account can.

I have a premium account and the other 5 accounts can access the new AI DJ feature.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Don't worry, DJ is currently still gradually rolling out to all Premium users in the US and Canada. If you're on Premium in these regions and not seeing it at the moment, rest assured it's coming your way. Hope you enjoy! 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Step 3 of the process is: Check if the AI DJ feature is available in your region: The AI DJ feature may not be available in all regions yet. Check if it's available in your region by visiting the Spotify support page.
I find the support page to be very limited in it's ability to address specific requests. I can't find anywhere in the support page where this information is given. Can you please provide more complete instructions on how to find this info. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey Moe! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing the new AI DJ feature on Spotify. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure your Spotify app is up to date: The AI DJ feature is only available on the latest version of the Spotify app, so check if you have any pending app updates and install them.

2. Verify that you have a Premium subscription: The AI DJ feature is only available to Spotify Premium subscribers. Check your account status and ensure that you are a Premium subscriber.

3. Check if the AI DJ feature is available in your region: The AI DJ feature may not be available in all regions yet. Check if it's available in your region by visiting the Spotify support page.

4. Check if the feature is enabled on your account: Make sure that the AI DJ feature is enabled on your account. Go to your account settings, select "Playback," and make sure that the "AI DJ" toggle is turned on.

5. Try logging out and logging back in: Sometimes logging out and logging back into your Spotify account can help refresh your account settings and access new features.

That new feature is pretty cool! Hoped to have solved your question and got you back in the game.

Let me know if you still cannot access it,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is the dj still being rolled out? I have student premium so I was wondering if that’s why I haven’t gotten it yet or is it just taking it’s time to be rolled out?

I tried everything and I still can’t get the dj to show up

I do not have access to it yet as well; California, US. 
14 Pro Max

iPad 9th G.

Big Sur

Windows 11 

Windows 10

PragueSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Don't worry, DJ is currently still gradually rolling out to all Premium users in the US and Canada. If you're on Premium in these regions and not seeing it at the moment, rest assured it's coming your way. Hope you enjoy! 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have a spotify premium account and have for several years, however every year I get my spotify wrapped days after everyone else. Now I cannot access the DJ feature despite having a premium account.
Marked as solution

Step 3 of the process is: Check if the AI DJ feature is available in your region: The AI DJ feature may not be available in all regions yet. Check if it's available in your region by visiting the Spotify support page.
I find the support page to be very limited in it's ability to address specific requests. I can't find anywhere in the support page where this information is given. Can you please provide more complete instructions on how to find this info. 

Hi MoeL, I am glad TrustyJustin's reiteration of my statement provided you with a solution.

To Justin, certainly! Here are more detailed instructions on how to check if the AI DJ feature is available in your region:

1. Go to the Spotify support page at https://support.spotify.com/
  2. Click on the "Search" bar at the top of the page and type in "AI DJ".
  3. Click on the search result that says "What is the AI DJ feature?".
  4. Scroll down to the section that says "Is AI DJ available in my region?".
  5. Look for your country in the list provided. If your country is listed, then the feature is available in your region. If not, then the feature is not currently available in your region.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

Looks like they've reduced the DJ information in that Support area Justin, Stand by ill see if I can find more directly regarding info.

PragueSpotify Star

Looks like all I have for you is what the ever so kind AlejaR mentioned earlier... 

"Don't worry, DJ is currently still gradually rolling out to all Premium users in the US and Canada. If you're on Premium in these regions and not seeing it at the moment, rest assured it's coming your way. Hope you enjoy!"

PragueSpotify Star

Hi I am the premium account owner for my family of four, the other three accounts on my premium account have received the AI DJ feature, they all have the music, podcast, and audiobooks feed buttons at the top of their Spotify. I however do not have the buttons nor the AIDJ as of yet. At one time about 2 weeks ago I did have the buttons but when I clicked on the music button no AI DJ at that time. Now those three feed buttons are missing from my Spotify. I verified that I have the same software level of Spotify as is currently on my wife's phone. She has the AIDJ - I do not. She is running a Samsung s22 I am running a Samsung s20. Does the AIDJ and feed buttons work on an s20? Can you explain what is going on here? I have also uninstalled my Spotify app and reinstall it several times, tried logging in and out of it multiple times. Nothing seems to help. Thanks

I was using the DJ feature all day but until now my DJ isn’t there and the music isn’t constant. It’s the same few songs.

none of this works for me today months later than the rollout. I am in US and got a prompt to try DJ and actually usd it/turned it on for a while. there is no way to turn it on. I tried everything except uninstall. I am so annoyed wasting time on solutions/features that don't work. (not that its your fault prague)

I found it in library. It was sitting right there in my list of playlists etc. It wasnt anywhere else I was told.

Nothing has worked to allow me to have it either. I have Premium Duo, my husband has his AI DJ, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out/in, checked on my desktop application and phone, nothing. I thought I found it but it was just some playlist that someone made with the icon and name. 

Unsure if this helps anyone, but I was having issue finding the feature too. Apparently you have to go to the home screen (home symbol), then on your home menu, you have to specifically click/tap on the Music tab at the top. Then, somewhere in this menu, you'll see the DJ feature. Once you find it, add it to your library so it'll be easier to find in the future. This seems to activate it and make it visible on the app from now on.

This is far from solved.. I don't know why this is marked as resolved. 

I am in Australia, I have premium Spotify Family. 
Spotify DJ is available on my account but not my partners, Both apps are updated to the recent version. 

This isn't a region issue, it's not a Spotify premium issue, there is no option to enable Ai DJ on both accounts from the settings, my account just had it.  
One account simply has it and the other doesn't. So what is the go? 
I thought it might be an IOS thing as my partner has an iphone and I have an Android but it's available on my Mac so not sure? 

Can we actually get some support here? 

This worked for me, thank you for the tip! So simple: Home > Music > AI DJ

I am in the philippines more than months ago I using a premium weekly Test In DJ AI until expired because free DJ AI not showing up only advertisment won't play until will be december premium monthly thanks to me.

Suggested posts