Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play a podcast on Spotify

I can't play a podcast on Spotify

Hi, my name is Mariana and i'm from Venezuela. I have a Spotify free account and i can't play a podcast either in my phone or laptop. And it'a frustrating because i've liked some podcast in the few years and when i want to play them again i can't it doesn't sound, doesn't do anything. And when i search for a podcast it doesn't appears. Please i need a solution quickly. Thanks!

10 Replies

Hey @mariana_marsella,

Thank you for posting in Community!

We understand that you have issues with playing your followed podcasts. We'd like to help but we'd need a bit more info here. Could we ask you if this happens to all podcasts, or just to some specific ones? If the later, could you share some screenshots, links to the content, or a short video, so we can take a closer look of what happens on your end.

Keep in mind that some podcasts are only available in specific regions. If you can't locate a particular podcast/episode it's likely not yet available in your current market. You're welcome to keep checking back as content is added/updated on the platform everyday.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The podcasts that i can't i play are called: "curva 15", "Escuela de Nada" and "Behind the grid". And i really want to play them 

Hi there @mariana_marsella

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending us some screenshots of how those podcast appear on your end so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.​​​​​​

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Here i have some screenshots of the podcasts that i can't play

Screenshot_20220308-171213_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220308-171223_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220308-171241_Spotify.jpg

I really want i fast response and help me with this problem

Hey @mariana_marsella,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for the info you shared.

As Spotify has recently been launched in Venezuela, the product is not yet available in its full capacity. This means that certain features or content such as Canvas or Podcasts may not be available.

We hope to have the app working at full performance in the future to be able to offer the best Spotify’s experience. However, we can't commit to a timeframe for when they'll be available in your market, make sure to keep the app always updated.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Thanks for the reply. I hope to have an answer very soon and yes, I have noticed that canvases don't work. I really hope it gets fixed very soon. 

Hello guys. It have been a month since I made this post, and I really want to know if u guys have a solution for my problem. Or can I use a vpn in this case? I want a response, please and thank you!

Hey @mariana_marsella,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We understand how much you want this feature and we appreciate the time you're taking keeping in contact. However, by the moment this feature is still unavailable in Venezuela. We hope to have all the features working in all markets as soon as possible, but unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe where this could be released.

Also, we don't recommend the use of a VPN as this may affect the proper function of the app or playback. 

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Thanks again for your feedback. In case you need any additional help, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Hello! I hope you are well! It's been 5 months since I made my request for the placement of canvas and podcasts in Venezuela and I haven't seen anything yet. I hope that content is soon in the app

Hi there @mariana_marsella,

Thanks for the post.

Currently we don't have official info when or if Podcasts will be made available in Venezuela. 

We'll let you know here as soon as we have more info.

Take care!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts