Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't run spotify on Pioneer SX-N30DAB receiver.

I can't run spotify on Pioneer SX-N30DAB receiver.

On mentioned amplituner I tried many tutorials by it seems that the 'Spotify connect' part gone or something.
Do you have any idea how to play spotify on this receiver ?
Note: stream via bluetooth work - I know but it is no sollution for the issue
16 Replies

Damn ... 

As far as I can see it's enough to leave phone for 2 hour to look for device .... strange but now works..

Meantime I restarted network on device .. maybe this is a trick.

Hey @xnib,

Thanks for keeping us posted!
In case this breaks again, do let us know and we'll take a closer look 🙂

Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Vasil, I have also a problem on my Pioneer SX-N30 DAB. It connects (sort of) but there is no sound. Spotify works on other devices (also Pioneer).

It have been working perfectly for the last 5 or 6 years

Hey @limahg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, would you mind confirming the troubleshooting you've done so far? In case you haven't tried, could you check if the issue happens using a different WiFi network?

If you don't have another internet connection available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it and see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, and if possible, if your device has a way to connect via bluetooth, try it and check if the issue persists.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar,

Yes with bluetooth / airplay spotify works on the receiver. 
But ofcourse not how it should be.. when I try to connect directly to the sx-n30, there is no sound. No sound when I open spotify with the pioneer remote control. Also no sound when I choose the sx-n30 in the spotify app. 

Changing the wifi hasn’t had a result. 

Here are some pictures of the sx-n30 remote app and of the spotify app (where you can see the sx-n30 (and also the pioneer n-30ae (which still works perfectly with spotify).

13966DE3-BA12-4E3F-A0D3-C5C4DD0E1113.png
C63B8456-52E2-410B-A74F-1A6E34667FA3.png
5A234FAE-716B-44C3-A8AE-033F850F5617.png

Hello.**bleep** also checked for new firmware updates direkt in device menu, I think the probleme is there. You can't update manually, you can just get a notice about update, but I didn't get anything for a long time. And now after googling I found this - https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/firmware/2ch_components/sx-s30_sx-s30dab_3/downloads.ph...

haven't tried yet, but soon

Hi, thanks!

Strangely enough, I (after the problem has started) had an update message?! And it did update, but no result. But I’ll try what you have found! Maybe that’s the solution. Keep you updated 

I have this same issue after years without problems. Did the firmware yesterday to no avail, so came looking for a solution. Keep me posted on whatever you find. 

I also have the same problem. Firmware update on SX-N30 brought no solution. There is no more sound via SpotifyConnect. But it works with Bluetooth. Maybe we can get a solution here.

I’ve tried all the updates I could find (also thsnks to @mirog). The latest update on the pioneer website is dated 2019.. the others are for the sx-s30 and the sx-n30ae (so not the SX-n30dab). Strangely the version firmware on my Pioneer is a newer version as the one you can find on the pioneer website.. maybe we can find a solution on the Onkyo website (because Onkyo is the owner of pioneer)?

See the solution suggested here - changing the DNS on your device/router: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Spotify-Connect-able-to-connect-to-spea...

I just tested the solution. It works. I switched the SX-N30DAB from DHCP to manual, entered the IP address 64.225.68.86 as the first DNS server and the IP address of the router as the second DNS server. Now I can play again via SpotifyConnect. Thanks for the hint. You are the best.

Hi I have the same amplifier, and unfortunately same problem. I've contacted twice the Pioneer customers support, they know about this problem but seems has nothing to do with the firmware of the amplifier. Anyway they are trying to solve it working with Spotify team but there isn't a certain timing for a solution and sadly the solution might not be ever arrive. For sure it's a problem caused by Spotify and their numerous update, also they said that after 5 years of contract with the major manufacturers of amplifier Spotify is not obligated to respect the connection with amplifiers manufacturers. At last you can use a Bluetooth connection or buy an additional streamer like ayrlic. It's sad but there isn't another way for the streaming music at the moment, except spending money. 

@Gollum2 could you please send me the link where is explained how to change the dns server? I can't find it!

Thank you! 

**bleep** 

Suggested posts