Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't share music in instagram stories

Solved!

I can't share music in instagram stories

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Huawuei P20 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to share some song I don't see the Instagram Stories opcion, can you help me?

I already vinculated mi account with facebook. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for posting regarding this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that we're always testing things in order to improve Spotify. If you're missing the option to share to your Instagram stories, you can find more info here

We'd also suggest making sure to always keep both apps updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Further, we realize this thread is gone a bit off topic with lots of questions in one place. It’s for this reason we’re going to lock the thread.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

235 Replies

Hey @5kz6il67-a_w, welcome to our Spotify Community!

We'd recommend reinstalling the app by following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/. Also, the best option would be to check if your Instagram is up to date too.

If you're getting any error messages, a screenshot would be helpful.

Take care 🙂

Try updating the software on your phone maybe? 

Multiple people saying reinstall doesn't change anything, both apps already updated, etc and we still don't have the IG story share option. Give us a real fix please....

I reinstall both apps and still don't seeing the option... 

Screenshot_20180811-203119.jpg

Hey all,

Sounds like it's happening for a few people now, on a number of mobile devices. We'd like all of you to try the following:

Tap the three dots > Share > Instagram Story. It should be the second option on Android and the third on iOS.

If you're not seeing this, be sure to reinstall not just Spotify, but Instagram too. If you see the option to display more sharing options, always open it to check if it's at the bottom of the list.

If you then see the option to share through Instagram after that, you should see the pop-up 'Spotify wants to open Instagram' in the Spotify app. You'll then be navigated to Instagram, where you can preview the songs before clicking 'Send to >'.

If it's not working still, get back to us with:

• Your exact device make / model
  • Your Spotify app version
  • Your Instagram app version

Thanks.

ItUninstalled both Instagram and Spotify and the option still isn't there. I click more and the only Instagram share opinion is to direct message the song to someone.

Phone is a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 
Instagram version 58.0.0.12.73
Spotify version 8.4.67.886
Screenshot_20180820-140549.png

Hey @Richxdavies.

Thanks for your patience.

We're always testing things in order to improve Spotify. There's more info on this here.

If we have any more info to share in the future, we'll be sure to keep you posted.

All the best!

Hello, 

I seem to be having the same issue. I have followed the steps you recommended and I still can't access the feature.

I have a Huawei P10 VTR-LO9, I have version 62.0.0.19.93 for Instagram, and version 8.4.70.666 of Spotify.

Your exact device make / model: Moto G5s plus XT1805 Security Patch Update 1 June 2018

Your Spotify app version: 8.4.70.666 armV7

Your Instagram app version: 62.0.0.19.93

Need your help and feedback too. 

Thanks!

Screenshot_20180912-084734.png

I have same problem with sharing my music to instagram story, please fix, thx

My device LG G6+, region indonesia

Capture+_2018-09-17-01-59-55.png

Hi! I have the same problem, I follow all steps to reinstall Spotify and Instagram but I still have the same problem. 

Additional information

Country Spain

Familiar plan

Xiaomi MiA1

Android 8.1.0

Security 5 August 2018

Versions:

- Spotify 8.4.70.666

- Instagram 63.0.0.17.94

Screenshot_20180919-080647.png

I've tried to reinstall and logging in again for countless times but it still didn't work.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900K)

Android version: 6.0.1

Spotify version : 8.40.70.666

Instagram version : 63.0.0.17.94

Screenshot_2018-09-22-07-53-15.png

I have the same problem. It used to work for a little bit but not anymore. I reinstalled both programs. no success. 

Phone: bq Aquaris V Plus

Android version: 7.1.2

Spotify version : 8.4.70.666

Instagram version : 63.0.0.17.94

Same problem

Moto G5 XT1672

Android 8.1.0 Oreo

Apps:

Spotify 8.4.70.666 armV7

Instagram 64.0.0.14.96

Screenshot_20180926-004742.png

I have the same problem on my Samsung S8. I have just recently updated my android version on my phone. Today i updated spotify and instagram has been updated earlier  this week. I've tried the reinstalling of both apps. Didnt found success.

• Your exact device make / model
    • Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
  • Your Spotify app version
    • 8.4.72.845 armv7
  • Your Instagram app version

I have a brand new Samsung Note 9, I've a Samsung Note 8 and I've an S8 plus. Not one of them allows sharing to Instagram.  When will you create a fix?

Same issue since i was using my previous phone. Got a new Samsung note 9 and the issue still persists. 

Spotify version: 8.4.72.845 armv7

Instagram version: 66.0.0.11.101 

Same problem here. Uninstall and re-install of both apps did not work.

Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10, EMUI 8 (Android 8.0.0)

Spotify 8.4.72.845 armV7

Instagram 66.0.0.11.101

Suggested posts