Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot add songs to a playlist that i have already created

I cannot add songs to a playlist that i have already created

I am trying to add songs to different playlists that i have created but when i click on the 3 dots and select add to playlist, my playlists are not coming up. I have to create a new playlist.
7 Replies

Hey @JDE4,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share a link to one of those playlists so we can have a look?

Does this happen on a particular device? Are you using the app or the web player?

It's also worth trying a different account to see if the issue is account related.

Keep us posted on the results,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian

Thank you for your reply. I’m trying this on the app on my iphone. Link below to one of the playlists.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6TYk7ceic13dLyHJI4cgSn?si=v3EyUxVVSmSDqBSWXNQeWg

Ive just tried on a friends account and they don’t have the issue. All of their playlists come up as options when trying to add a song

Another update- I’ve tried on the web player too and same issue as on the app

Hi there @JDE4,

Thanks for reaching out. The most likely cause of this is that the playlists were made by one account and you're trying to edit them from another. Next to every playlist's title you can see who created it. Click on the name and compare it to the profile you're logged into. Most likely, even though the name could possibly be the same, they will be two different accounts. Check out these steps to sort that out. Make sure you log into the account that created the playlists. Then you will be able to edit them.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan

thank you for replying. There was another account your right that these seem to have been created on. So how would i enable my current account to be able to add to the playlists from the old. Is there a way to change the ownership of the playlists?

I have Premium on the new account but free on the other one.

Hi there @JDE4,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently there is no way to change ownership of the playlists. What you can do is batch select all the songs from the original playlists and copy them over to a new playlist created on your Premium account. You can do this easily using the Desktop app, where you can select multiple songs at once. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts