Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I keep getting 'Something went wrong. Try reloading the page' whenever I log in on web player

Solved!

I keep getting 'Something went wrong. Try reloading the page' whenever I log in on web player

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

Huawei Matebook D14

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm not signed in everything works fine, but it says something went wrong when I am signed in. Previously, I've only been able to play playlist from the home screen, search wouldn't work, it said 'We couldn't find this playlist when I clicked on it but, it was fine because I could use my phone, but now I cant use it at all. I tried another laptop and it worked perfectly. I don't know what's going on. Please help. Btw, I'm using Chrome.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I removed the Spotify lines from the hosts file and things are working on both web player and desktop. Thank you!!!😍

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @LondonProds,

Welcome to the Community!

Would you mind trying it from a different browser/incognito window to check if the issue persists?

On another note, could you let us know if it's only happening on the web player or on the desktop app too?

Additionally, we suggest that you try with a different internet connection, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Cheers - we'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It works fine on desktop app. I tried using Opera and a hotspot, it still didn't work on either.

Hi there @LondonProds,

Thanks for the reply!

Check whether there are updates available for your Chrome. 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, Click the 3-dot menu.
  3. Click Help > About Google Chrome.

After that try clearing the cache and cookies.

If after that you experience the same issues I'd suggest clearing any host files related to Spotify from your computer. Follow the guide in this Solution here.

Let us know how you're getting on with this 🙂

AlexModerator

I updated Spotify desktop and the song pauses after like a few seconds and the notification bar says 'Can't play current song'

Marked as solution

I removed the Spotify lines from the hosts file and things are working on both web player and desktop. Thank you!!!😍

Hi @LondonProds,

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear everything works fine now 🙂 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you encounter any issues again.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

If you still have this problem with Spotify for Windows Desktop, trying toggle "Offline Mode" (in File menu) Off and On. That solved it for me.

Suggested posts