Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
krth8

The image doesent seem to work so here is a link to it.

PeterOeC

Good idea, I could use that feature too 🙂

Techn0tic

That gets a thumbs up from me. Nice idea.

tbaum

This would also be super useful if you wanted to make a "power hour" playlist. I know Spotify is popular among college kids like me, and many people would love this feature.

Feddan

Great idea! I just posted the same thing here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Custom-Start-Stop-times-for-songs/ba-p/59907 - I'll flag mine as a duplicate.

Feddan

Ability to set a custom start and/or stop time for a song would be awesome. This would be good for songs that have intros/outros that you don't want to listen to everytime.

Custom start/stop times should be personal and bound to your account. So for example on my account if I'd play "Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird" it would jump right to 4:55 where the guitar solo starts. Smiley LOL

Custom start/stop times also need an easy way to be disabled/enabled.

Eikern

I posted the same thing, but the sliders is a great suggestion for how to implement it. Remember that it should only be remembered for a song's instance within a playlist.

dalla

There should be an app that would allow you to mix songs better then just 12 sec crossfade.

One should really look into this! An example could be an app looking like;

Mixmeister Fusion. In essence, this idea is about including a mixer in Spotify.

What is the status on this?

dalla

One should be able to mix songs better then just 12 sec crossfade. This would make a party SO much more fun! SPOTIFY, are you listning?

krth8

Good that you guys are with me on this. Share it!

Would be great if they could make this a feature or an app that could do this on your playlists.