Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I went to the spotify website and purchase audiobook but not in app

I went to the spotify website and purchase audiobook but not in app

Wanted to listen to a audiobook but saw I had to go to the website and log in to get it even though it was free. I can play it through the website but it's not showing up in the app. It still has a lock symbol on the book in my app even after getting it to play on the website.
10 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Which audiobook was it? What exactly do you see on the website versus in the app? Send us screenshots of both, that would be best.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue with the book " the little prince." I can play it through my phone browser but not through my Spotify app. It's way buggier through the browser and I would not have bought it if I knew I wouldn't be able to play it on the app itself. 

Hey @Magsimay,

Audiobooks should be playable on mobile platforms.
So that we can take a further look into things, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Web Player and in the app?
I'd also advise logging out and then back into the app twice in a row to trigger a manual sync of your data.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply and do our best to help out 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Hi,

I’m having the exact same issue where I can listen on the website but not in my mobile app. It was working before and then suddenly everything is locked on my app? 

Hey @GrainneRose,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to check, did you follow the steps mentioned by @Vasil earlier in the thread? Another option is to try clearing stored cache from the app to see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to send us screenshots showing how things look from your end, so that we can have a look as well.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I am also having this problem. Here are screenshots. One is on the app, the other my browser after coughing the emailed link to buy the audio book. 

1000029328.jpg

1000029329.jpg

  

of what is happening

Hey @Jeffp083,

Thanks for your reply here and for the info shared. 

Would you sharing with us the troubleshooting you’ve already tried so far? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. 

On another note, as mentioned above by @Vasil, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you perform a soft reset of your device (turn it off and then on) to see if you notice any changes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have done everything you suggested and trying the email links several times. It is still locked. 

Appreciate the cooperation, @Jeffp083.

If you've made sure that you're logged into the correct account in the app and you're able to play the audiobook in the Web Player, then there's most probably an issue with the app.

Are you by any chance using an SD-card? If that's the case them we recommend removing it and giving Spotify a clean reinstall with the steps in this article. After that, try using the app without inserting the SD-card back in your phone to see if that'll change anything. 

If you're not using an SD-card we still recommend that you do the clean reinstall as it can help resolve different issues with its behavior. 

On another note, should these steps make no difference, would it be possible to check if you can play the audiobook in the app on another device (PC for example)?

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Sorry for the very late response. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app took care of the problem. I recommend a patch to fix this since it's clearly been an issue for enough people over a long period of time. Thank you very much for your advice and your time in resolving this matter! 

Suggested posts