Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Identity Theft

Identity Theft

Someone is using Santanas Identity to get on Release Radars of people. 
This song is a trap song, and has nothing to do with the real Santana. The real artist is even linked to the fake song which makes this even worse. 

Spotify do something about it! 

I blocked this song on my release radar, because I don't want my ears to bleed from music I never actually subscribed to. 

santana.JPG
5 Replies

Hello @jakegerb

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Spotify displays music according to the metadata delivered to them by artist's label or distributor.

However, if you see that some info is displayed incorrectly, you can follow the steps provided in this Support Article to report it.

Keep in mind that it might take some time before the changes are applied.

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

there is no appropriate button to report it. this week again on my release radar:

one guy called gary franks collaborated with a guy named john williams. it's not the john williams that I follow, however it still is on my radar. makes no sense.

same for a guy who collaborated with a guy named santana. obviously it was not the real one. the song is literal garbage. still it is on my release radar.

I think you don't understand the real problem here.

Hey there @jakegerb,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest you have a look at this article under Broken or incorrect content If it’s not a technical issue, and follow the steps that's provided.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

thanks for your reply. Ok so now I know where to report it. But the problem keeps coming back. Also I think going through various stages in order to report something THIS big, being much of a problem for probably millions of people.

Hi there @jakegerb,

As long as this inappropriate content is reported to the responsible team at Spotify the right folks should take legal action if necessary.

nevertheless, we don't have information when this is going to happen.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts