Solved!

Importing iTunes playlists

Family

Premium

US

Device

PC, iPad, Android

iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10

I used to be able to import my iTunes playlists into Spotify. But now I cannot find how to do that in the current software.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Herb_Nestler!

Right now, Spotify doesn't provide an option from their own Software for users to move their playlists from other platforms to Spotify.

However, there are several apps/websites that claim to do that. Some of them are paying services. You can also try to find a free trial or a free service. Just have a quick search and find the one that fits you.

Otherwise, you can manually transfer your songs and playlists from iTunes to Spotify.

Have a nice day, happy listening Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Herb_Nestler!

Right now, Spotify doesn't provide an option from their own Software for users to move their playlists from other platforms to Spotify.

However, there are several apps/websites that claim to do that. Some of them are paying services. You can also try to find a free trial or a free service. Just have a quick search and find the one that fits you.

Otherwise, you can manually transfer your songs and playlists from iTunes to Spotify.

Have a nice day, happy listening Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks Jose. I am really disappointed to see that feature disappear from Spotify.

I tried to do the manual drag & drop but I must be doing something wrong because Spotify showed the “not possible” icon when I hovered over the New Playlist area. Any ideas what I can be doing wrong?

Herb

As far s I'm concerned, you can't do the drag and drop. I think you have to find the songs one by one. That's why many people prefer to use one of those services I mentioned. I'd recommend using one of them, it makes it much easier.

Hope this helps, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Alternatively, just return the simple functionality that you used to have. You have in the past always supported playlist import, but have now removed it. Simply return this functionality and people will be happy. This is one of the reasons I'm not moving to you. I have dozens of huge play lists in iTunes, and unless I can import them - without having to pay someone else to do it - Ill just give my money to Apple instead.

Hey @cebaines.

We feel you 🙂

If you want to add this functionality again, there's an Idea posted on the Community which you can vote for here. The more votes it gets, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Take care,

P

Suggested posts