Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect information under artist profile

Incorrect information under artist profile

I am not a distributor, label, just an active listener of a group that I like (Beast). I have noticed many songs that are not by this artist being uploaded onto this artist's page (attached screenshot for reference). Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 4.51.19 PM.png

I have been reporting the problem under the Spotify Customer Support for a few months now and the problem is still not getting resolved. On top of the incorrect tracks that are being displayed, the display photo for this artist is also unrelated to this artist and is hence incorrect, there is a duplicate artist page for this group and there are also several errors in the title for the songs. I am just wondering how long Spotify is gonna take to resolve this as it seems like my constant reportings are not pushing them to act on the problem.

2 Replies

Witam. Nie wiem czy piszę pod dobry adres. Mam pytanie odnośnie zespołu. Dodałem swój album na Spotify i ten album dodano do wykonawcy który się nazywa  tak samo jak mój zespołu... Czy jest możliwość aby Spotify utworzyło Nowego wykonawcę o tej samej nazwie. Z góry dzięki za odpowiedź.

Hey @vnssnsh,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Just to double-check, when you say you have been reporting the issue to the Spotify Customer Support, do you mean you already followed the steps featured in this article?

Regarding the type of incorrect info you mention, this depends on the metadata associated with the artist and the related releases on Spotify. To know more about what type of metadata Spotify deals with as well as the source of such metadata, it'd be great to check this Spotify for Artists answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts