Premium

Country

United States

Device

Integra DTR-40.4

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I have an Integra DTR-40.4 receiver that allows network connection and Spotify is pre-loaded.  When I try to sign in, I get an error message that I have a password error.  My password is fine, but I can't get past this error page.  All the other music apps work fine.  When I open and try to use Spotify Connect on my Pixel 7, it doesn't see my receiver, although it sees my Onkyo TR-X595 receiver at the other end of the house, and it connects perfectly.  This problem has been all over the internet for at least eight years.  Integra/Onkyo can't help, as they just don't see the issue.  It's probably them, but every recommendation from the web has failed.  Integra wants me to do a factory reset, which I refuse to do; I've got six years of stored settings that would take me days to take photos of every setting page, and then re-install.  Has there ever been a fix to this issue?  All the other old threads just stopped, with no answer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It works!  Onkyo sent a slightly revised update and I followed the directions from my Integra Owners Manual exactly and when I opened Spotify Connect on my phone, it saw my "DTR404" receiver!  I'm now listening to a playlist of mine and I'm very happy.  So, all of you out there that couldn't get Spotify to see your Integra/Onkyo receiver, here is the firmware update:

View solution in original post

Instructions to update Integra firmware.png
5 Replies

Hey @Steveindanville,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd suggest that you check for a pending update on your receiver and let it run. Users in this thread mentioned that firmware update fixed it for them. It's best to reach out to Integra directly for further information and instructions on how to do this.  Firmware updates on receivers/speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause issues like this.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Both my Spotify and Integra receiver are updated as of yesterday (no change today).  I did try logging into my Spotify account on the Network Music page of my receiver using my email address instead of my username, but that gave me the same error message.  I've been in touch with Integra for three days now, and they have no idea why this is happening; like I said, Pandora, VMusic, Aupeo, etc. all work.  I have read on a couple different forums that Spotify initially provided a long numerical "Username" for initial login purposes, but nobody can explain what that number represents.  So, neither my email nor username, along with the valid password will work on my Integra receiver.  Are you aware of any kind of Spotify-generated number code that I can use as a username for initial loading and opening on my receiver?  Integra is going to submit my case to its Engineering team, but this issue has been going on for years, so I don't expect a magical answer.  I hope you can find a way to "shove" me into Spotify on my receiver.  One final question, though, is this:  as a Premium member, and connected to both my receiver and a Roku Ultra (the only way I can get Spotify currently) by high-speed ethernet cables, what is the bandwidth I can expect using either of these two devices?  Will I get a High Def product from either the Roku Ultra or the Integra receiver, and if so, what are those mbps rates?  Is one better than the other.  Thanks again.

Hey @Steveindanville,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared. 

When you create a new account on our platform, the system will automatically assign an auto generated username to your account that is a combination of shuffle letters and numbers. You can try to login using your username instead of the email address. You'll find your username on the information displayed on your account page.

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest trying with a bluetooth connection between your devices to see if it makes any difference?

Regarding which could be better, keep in mind that for third party devices we only provide the API but the way it behaves may vary between them. Taking this into account, we cannot guarantee any specific time frame for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping your app and firmware up to date to not miss any updates.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"I did try logging into my Spotify account on the Network Music page of my receiver using my email address instead of my username, but that gave me the same error message."  It still doesn't work.  Integra doesn't have a fix and Spotify doesn't have a fix.  I guess I'll just have to listen to Spotify through either Roku or Bluetooth.

Marked as solution

It works!  Onkyo sent a slightly revised update and I followed the directions from my Integra Owners Manual exactly and when I opened Spotify Connect on my phone, it saw my "DTR404" receiver!  I'm now listening to a playlist of mine and I'm very happy.  So, all of you out there that couldn't get Spotify to see your Integra/Onkyo receiver, here is the firmware update:

Instructions to update Integra firmware.png

Suggested posts