Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Spotify available on the Philips Streamium (NP3900)?

Solved!

Is Spotify available on the Philips Streamium (NP3900)?

I am confused.

On my Philips NP3900 device, there is a Spotify icon and I could log with a Premium account to Spotify (which I will not buy until I know whether the Streamium is or not supported).

However, I also noticed that Philips do not refer anymore to Spotify in its product web pages (it used to be the case) and that on the Spotify.com I do not longer see any reference to the NP3900 as a supported device.

I am confused, is the Philips Streamium NP3900 a supported device or not?

Thanks, Francis

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just retried with my Philips NP3900 and indeed Spotify works.

I created a trial Premium Account and entered the user name password in the NP3900, it works all fine.

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, I think I created a simple trial account (not a Premium one) and that's what does not work with the NP3900.

Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello there,

According to our blog post about this deal, Spotify could only be used on MCi8080 and MCi900 Streamium devices. You can find our post here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks.

Just wondering why on my Philips NP3900 I have a Spotify icon I can click on to login in Spotify (it asks for Spotify user name and pwassword but you need to be Premium).

Philips made big announcements end of last year about Spotify, changed many Streamium product Firmwares to allow Spotify. The compatibility was then announced on the Spotify.com pages and Philips product pages and then....nothing, all removed. Hence I am confused as whether it is or not supported.

Silence from the product managers.

Thanks,

Francis

Francis,

I popped over to the Philips website and got into a webchat with a gent over there, and asked them about that product. They said it's not supported, but having that option there suggests otherwise.

Have you tried the Premium trial at all? You should be able to get 30 days of Premium, free of charge, to try out. This will allow you to try Spotify on that device, guilt free, and if it doesn't work, you have the option to cancel your subscription.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes it is . I'm listenining to itbnow

Stanwixman - Hmm, interesting. But good to hear it works. Was there anything special you had to do?
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

I just retried with my Philips NP3900 and indeed Spotify works.

I created a trial Premium Account and entered the user name password in the NP3900, it works all fine.

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, I think I created a simple trial account (not a Premium one) and that's what does not work with the NP3900.

Thanks to all.

Suggested posts