Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue I found about an artist’s profile (check body for more info)

Solved!

Issue I found about an artist’s profile (check body for more info)

Free

Country

Australia

Device

iPad 5

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Hello! I found a cool song called Sun

but when I went on the artist’s profile it said they haven’t made any songs.

(https://open.spotify.com/album/6tHCk9BWwFTiT7FfTYYoxi)

(https://open.spotify.com/artist/39kVI9ar9cJGjytvbP8q5c)

Does anyone know why this is like this? I’ve heard this artist deleted his songs off other music websites, if that helps.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmm, interesting case @StickyLegend,

I’ve been able to reproduce this, I’ll pass this across to be checked out by the teams behind the scenes however I’ll not get any further information on this regarding the progress or what’s happened here so this most likely will be my last post on this However as always, thanks for the report!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @StickyLegend,

Artists and labels are entitled to create Takedown requests and remove content from Spotify. Spotify has to comply with requests like these for example, as you've mentioned this is on other sites too it seems like this is something the artist or management has requested however the Spotify Profile will be retained in-case the Artist wishes to upload or re-load content at a later date. 

With Best Wishes,

Hi! Thanks for responding but I’m unsure if he deleted the song like you said. While it doesn’t appear on the artist’s profile and also won’t appear if you search it up ‘in-app’, it still appears when you search it up on the internet (if you search up ‘Yu-utsu sun spotify’) it still available on the internet after deletion?

Marked as solution

Hmm, interesting case @StickyLegend,

I’ve been able to reproduce this, I’ll pass this across to be checked out by the teams behind the scenes however I’ll not get any further information on this regarding the progress or what’s happened here so this most likely will be my last post on this However as always, thanks for the report!

Thanks!

Suggested posts