Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with Spotify on Roku -- Stuck in Spotify Screensaver

Solved!

Issue with Spotify on Roku -- Stuck in Spotify Screensaver

I just installed the new Spotify Channel on my Roku 2. Everything started out fine -- installed properly and initially played ok. Then the Spotify channel went into a screensaver mode (not the RoKu screensaver; this is particular to the Spotify channel). Now, i can't get out of the screensaver mode. I have tried pressing every button on the controller; I have exited the channel and reentered; i have rebooted the Roku box; i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify channel. Everything has failed. When I go back into the channel, the screensaver mode starts, with no sound or ability to do anything.  Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try enabling your Roku screensaver in the general Roku settings.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Same problem here.  I have Spotify premium and a Roku 2.  I can't even login because I can't exit the screensaver.

Marked as solution

Try enabling your Roku screensaver in the general Roku settings.

IanMaffet. Thanks!! That did it. Much appreciated.

That did it for me also...but I don't want my screensaver activated.  Will this be fixed later on?  I'm not sure why an app should have an affect to control my Roku settings contrary to what I want it set to...Spotify shouldn't be forcing me to use a screensaver if I don't want it set...should it?

Thanks, that worked!

Same problem here.

There appears to be a bug with the Roku implementation of Spotify The channel will only work if the Roku screensaver is enabled.

Thank you guys for finding a temporary solution. I was getting so frustrated, thought I was the only one with this problem. I agree, though, I don't want my Roku screensaver enabled. Can someone please come up with a permanent fix for this?

I installed Spotify today on my Roku2, after starting a premium account trial. Not knowing that there was any conflict between custom screen savers and the Spotify channel, I was making some unrelated adjustments to the Roku settings when all hell broke loose. Signal to screen began to blink out for a second or so every minute or two. Then the drop outs became far more frequent, eventually killing all video and audio from Roku. I went through a long routine of resets and reboots with no improvement. Finally, after uninstalling Spotify, I changed HDMI cables and it seems fine now. Maybe the cable, which had worked fine for a year or more,  chose today to fail (how I don't know), but that would quite a coincidence, seems to me. Is it possible that the Spotify channel introduces a change to the firmware that creates a malfunction in the HDMI port, trashing a cable? I love Spotify, but I'm not about to try this again until I've heard of an update to the channel. And, before the trouble started, I did notice that there is no inherent way to "visually mute" Spotify. There should definitely be a means to activate a screen saver of choice at the Spotify screen, whether it is their saver or not. 

Setting up rocky and everything was fine til I upgraded to Spotify premium to add. Now my rocky is stuck in screensaver mode and I can't get out!!!! Tried rebooting and it didn't work. Now I can't use my Riki at all!!!!

Ii can't get my roku to come off of the Spotify screensaver!!!  Help

Suggested posts