Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jason Aldean removes new album!!

Jason Aldean removes new album!!

What a let down to find out that as of yesterday, Jason Aldean has removed his new album from Spotify.  As a premium subscriber I'm quite upset.

Jason Aldean sticks it to Spotify users

12 Replies

Hello!

Every song has to be licensed to be streamed on Spotify, once Spotify can gain the rights to a certain song/album it can be added to the catalog, here is more information 🙂 Hopefully they will decide to put his album back on Spotify soon!

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

It looks like all his music has been removed, not just the most recent album.

How do I get the other albums back?

@reganr The only way without the artist adding them back to Spotify (i believe in this case, the artists or label choose to remove it from the Spotify library), you would need to buy it directly from iTunes or a similar store and add them to Spotify as a local file, here are the steps for this. Without the proper right Spotify can not use the songs from that artists, as described in this help topic. You are also free to share feedback on missing content using this form, but be aware this does not guarantee it will be added to Spotify in the future. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

The reason I pay for Spotify is so that I can listen to what I want without having to buy everything individually.  If I have to buy the entire catalog from the most popular artists, why bother with Spotify.  If Spotify can't come up with a solution to keep them, the most popular artists will continue to leave.  Unless Spotify can offer its paid members the music they want to hear then they might as well just go back to being free members and buying their music from ITunes as you recommend.

AGREED.  This was a huge let down, it is probably the single artist that I listen to the most and now all of it is gone.  Please come to terms on this and get Aldean back on spotify!!!

Hey @jvtoomey,

I would recommend contacting the label company. They might give you information about if and when the artist will be available on Spotify.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hello Josh,

When I do as you advise, my local files play for 1 second at normal volume then get quiet, they still play but much quieter than the rest of my playlist.  Do you know how to resolve this volume issue?

Not every album or song is available on Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why is there no Jason Aldean songs or albums on Spotify?

Why did jason aldean disappear from spotify all together? I can't play the songs I already had added and saved and can't search for new ones unflder his name.

Hey @Jjamison2713! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Sometimes content gets removed because of licensing changes.

Hopefully Spotify will have it available again soon! 

Peace

Suggested posts