Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan podcast episodes missing on Samsung TV app

Joe Rogan podcast episodes missing on Samsung TV app

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Smart TV

My Question or Issue

There are no JRE podcasts episodes showing on the Samsung TV app since the announcement on May 19th. All other podcasts show episodes up to today and JRE is fully up to date on my iPhone and MacBook apps. 

12 Replies

Hey @kmw1411! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Hmm, are you sure that you're on the latest firmware update on your Samsung Smart TV to see if that makes a difference?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Thanks for your reply @nico

Yes, it's really odd because it's just the one podcast that's affected!

I've checked firmware and I'm all up to date so it shouldn't be the TV. I can listen on another device so it's not a major issue but thought it was worth posting anyway, just out of curiosity.

@kmw1411 

Thanks, for posting this! ^^

This would bother me since I'm listening to this podcast daily as well. 

I've escalated this issue to the support.

I will reply to this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

Hey @kmw1411!

Here some other things that might help to find the cause of the issue.

Have you tried to reinstall the app on your Smart TV In order to assure that the latest Spotify version is on the TV?

And could you try if possible to use a different account on your TV to see if the episodes aren't on that account as well?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Can’t seem to get episodes of jre on Spotify app on my Samsung tv. Tried reinstalling. And tried signing up to a mock free account. Can’t even find any of the podcast on that. It works on iPhone 

Hey @Paulyjr! ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Could you let me know the following details so we can look further in it? 

• Model of the TV
  • App version
  • Are you logged in directly to the TV or using Connect?
  • Screenshots would also be helpful.

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Spoiler
I can't watch it through the firestick app or through my LG TV app

SAMSUNG UN55NU8000FXZA
version 2020.11.16 1.7.2
This is the app on the tv direct. Cannot cast from the iPhone app version to the tv either

IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG

I get the same thing on LG TV app and on the firestick app. This is frustrating

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@userwithineligibleTV, @userwithineligibleTV and @lastineligibleTV - this isn’t possible right now, but we’re always working to improve the Podcast experience on Spotify. We appreciate your feedback on this and we’ll let the team know this is something you’d like to see in the future.

@castuser - If you're using a Chromecast // Google Nest Hub, make sure Spotify and the casting device is up to speed with updates and perform a reinstall.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So is Spotify planning on making this happen to watch through your TV? Seems a lot of people are really wanting this and I haven't watched a podcast since the 12/1 switch. 

Spotify - fix the TV issue. MILLIONS of youtube watchers aren’t playing a video to listen to or watch it in on a phone. We don’t buy cable - we work and enjoy tuning out a couple hours to our video steaming tv’s at the end of a long day.  What an incredibly horrible & embarrassing  launch for you.

Suggested posts