Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kenwood DDX395 constantly connecting

Solved!

Kenwood DDX395 constantly connecting

hey there, i have a Kenwood DDX395 headunit with the Spotify app and Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Spotify premium. with the app i can control tracks on the headunit and it shows the album cover, with my old Galaxy S6 the odd time i would get sound playing through the speaks but the headunit would say "connecting" constantly and when i restarted the car it would connect/reset and all was good

with my S9+ initially i had the same problem but re-connecting my phones Spotify to the headunits app fixed it, as of last week it still plays audio through the speakers but the headunit again indefinitely says "connecting" and doesnt show album convers/buttons to switch tracks. i have tried the following to no avail, i have searched the issue for a good hour and it seems people are having the opposite issue of the phone not showing Spotify, not the headunit

-uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify on my phone

-disconnected bluetooth and reconnected it

-rebooted phone

-tried my wifes Iphone w/Spotify, same issue

any other suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. I have a Kenwood DNX8170DABS headunit on my car. There are no bluetooth connection issues up to v.8.4.77.779.

Issues starts from v.8.4.78.530.

I think it's a serial bluetooth connection issue. Something changed inside the app with latest updates.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

I have the same issue. It has been doing it for a couple of weeks where my phone says it is trying to connect to Spotify, but my Kenwood says connecting forever. It no longer shows the graphics for the songs nor can I control the songs from the screen or steering wheel. What is the fix and how long will this be an issue?

interesting im not the only one with this problem, i was starting to think maybe my headunit had a internal failure after not even 1 year. im still unsure however if this is a Spotify issue or a Kenwood/JVC issue. what kind of phone are you using Spotify on?

Samsung released a new Android software update recently, im going to try installing that on my phone as well as unhook the car battery for a hour so the headunit gets a hard reset. if that doesnt fix it might be  get rid of Spotify and go back to CD's

I have a Samsung S7 Edge. I think it is between Spotify and Samsung honestly as to why there is a disconnect. But let me know how it goes!

unfortunately same issue even after phone update and reset, super frustrating. seems like either Spotify or Kenwood need to patch the app in an update maybe  

tinkered with it some more and still same issue, nearly every thread on here for the same issue even dating back to a year ago has gone unanswered or unresolved. seems like IOS problems always get the attention while Android gets backburnered or ignored, its been a good few years but im unsubbed from Spotify premium and deleted my account. $10 a month buys 10 CD's that actually work

Marked as solution

Hi. I have a Kenwood DNX8170DABS headunit on my car. There are no bluetooth connection issues up to v.8.4.77.779.

Issues starts from v.8.4.78.530.

I think it's a serial bluetooth connection issue. Something changed inside the app with latest updates.

Having same issue here on my kenwood bt 204. Can confirm ats an issue from spotify since when i switch to BT-Audio (normal bkurtooth not spotify bt)

Everything works fine, even when i get a call and hang up it reconnects.

On the spotfy bt after i end a phone call via bluetooth, i can still hear music but kenwood stereo stays connecting and cant use the next previous buttons etc

If you install Spotify version 8.4.77.779 all works fine!

I'll give it a try, thanks! Hope they release a fix in the upcoming versions

It's the only workaround. I'm using this version and no issues with my Kenwood headunit.

I am going to try it too! I found the download and will see shortly when I get in the car.

It didn't work. I downloaded the older version and it still says CONNECTING......

It worked for me ! But audio sometimes comesnout from phone earpiece
(1+6phone) insteadbofnbkuetooth and have to reboot the device.

OryZ is correct, i tired renewing premium and downloading the newest verison of the app and suddenly the connection issue is fixed, its immediately connecting/showing proper info on the screen. thanks!

@Chelseaspn0703: Impossible 🤔

Try the newest version, I re-subscribed to premium, re downloaded the spotify app from Google play, and it immediately connected like normal to my headunit 

I'm on holiday, I will try when at home.

Suggested posts